Chapter 5

The next morning was beyond strange. Isabelle woke to a house that was incredibly silent. It was strange because her house was never quiet. She lived with three hormonal boys for god's sake silence was practically impossible.

In one of the wings inside their house, all of the siblings rooms could be found. Isabelle's room was in between Max's and Timothy's while Damien's was just right in front of her. It was a given that the boys would still be asleep at this time. Regardless, if they had college later but even when they were asleep there would always be noise, snores, loud music or anything really it was odd.

Isabelle couldn't sleep properly last night knowing Gavin was sleeping just below her room. Her body was all giddy and girly it was frightening. Shaking her head, Isabelle wobbled her way towards her bathroom, a yawn escaping her lips.

Taking a quick warm bath, she patted herself dry and stomped back into her room. Isabelle didn't have to look at the clock to know it was seven in the morning. She sighed, she had to leave for school at seven thirty or else she was going to be late- again.

Putting on a soft body hugging sundress and a pair of simple flats, Isabelle sprinted down the house not bothering to brush her untamed wavy hair. She took a quick turn towards a corner only to slam into a warm wall. She readied herself for the contact with the floor but it never came.

Isabelle opened her eyes to meet a familiar yellow. "Gavin." She gasped out of breathe. He was holding her steady, a concerned look on his face. The hands he had on her did not go unnoticed. They stared at each other like that until she felt her body clock shift to seven thirty five. "Oh, crap. I'm late." She muttered pulling away from him. Feeling cold all of a sudden, Isabelle made her way down again. 

Nathan was sitting down at their leather couch in the living room, a frown on his face. "You're late." He grumbled standing up and walking towards her.

"Sorry." Isabelle apologized running to the kitchen to grab a bagel. "Have you eaten breakfast?" She asked walking to the fridge to grab a bottle of water.

"Unlike you, I didn't want to be late so I skipped breakfast."

Isabelle was silently thankful that he hasn't mentioned her mate to her. She grinned at him. "Grouch." Isabelle laughed throwing a bagel at him. "Catch."

Nathan caught it easily, smile playing around his lips. "Shall we then?" He said offering his arm.

Isabelle was about to take it when she was lightly pulled back. A loud powerful growl shook the house. Isabelle jumped at the sound. She didn't have to look up to find Gavin there looking like he could kill. She was suddenly scared for Nathan who was standing there still trying to register what was happening.

"Gavin." Isabelle turned to face her mate. "It's okay he's a friend." She tried to soothe. Isabelle suddenly could picture how their relationship was going to be, a growling, snarling Gavin and her trying to calm him.

"I don't like the way he looks at you." Gavin says through bared teeth.

Isabelle sighed helplessly. She was really going to be late now. "This is Nathan. He looks at everyone like that." Gavin towered over Nathan like he was nothing. Given different circumstances, she would probably have laugh at this.

Nathan snapped out of his phase and shrugged trying to hide the fear he was feeling. "We're going to be late." Was all he said as he looked out the window.

"You. Are. Mine." Gavin stated emphasising each word with a pause. Isabelle felt a tingle in her heart as her wolf started howling in happiness.

Isabelle's mind was mush and her heart was fluttering. She has never been so giddy even when she and Nathan were together. "I have to go to school." She said instead making her wolf growl in anger.