Chapter Six: The Smith Brothers

Chapter Six

The first thing I did when I stepped inside the school was to rush to Jessica but along the way, I crashed into our resident loner.

“Slow down,” he chuckled, grabbing my shoulders to steady me. His face was extremely close and I just gaped at him like an idiot while my face starts to redden as we speak.

He noticed my silence and let me go cautiously, as if I would suddenly faint if he removed his hands. Well, I would have fainted if they stayed there.

“Thanks,” I coughed out awkwardly. He nodded in response and we just stood there, in the middle of the hallway with both of us avoiding as much eye contact as we can.

“Why are you in such a rush?” he asked and I instantly remembered Jessica.

“Going to talk to a friend.”

He crossed his arms over his chest and looked at me skeptically, “Does it have to do with the phone call you received yesterday?”

I nodded and he stepped to the side so I can continue my journey to my best friend’s locker. I smiled up at him and I started to walk again, “See you at lunch,” I called out over my shoulder.

I saw my troubled best friend shoving books into her locker as I walked up to her. I slammed my hand on the locker next to hers causing her to jump in surprise, “Hey Cel.”

“Who? What? Why? When? How?” I fired and she sighed before throwing her binder into her locker. She turned to me and started to talk animatedly.

Being the horrible friend I was, I wasn’t listening to her. Well, it’s not like I didn’t want to, but because my attention was focused on the scene behind her.

Two guys walked down the hallway making every girl swoon and fan themselves. The two said guys were carrying themselves with much confidence that it made me want to gag. It's like they were a pair of movie stars walking down the red carpet.

Jessica noticed that I wasn’t listening to her and turned around. I saw her whole body froze when she caught the sight of the two devil twins.

Blake and Lucas Smith.

I completely forgot that they returned from Canada and here I am gaping and possibly thinking out my will inside my head as they neared me and my best friend. Judging from years of experience with these two, there’s a 99.9% chance that I’ll end up in the emergency room.

“Hey Jessica,” Lucas chirped as he finally reached our spot. My best friend only nodded stiffly in acknowledgement and I prepared myself for the harsh blow.

“I hope our little Celeste is here today, we missed her yesterday,” he continued and that made something in me snap as I felt my blood boil.

Bullying me is one thing but ignoring me is a whole different story. I know, some people choose to be ignored that to be bullied but I built myself up because I don’t want to be ignored ever again.

“Umm…” Jessica trailed off, placing her gaze at me. Lucas followed the direction of her eyes. When his eyes fell on me, he smirked. When I saw that smirk, I knew I was in trouble.

Goodbye world, it was nice knowing you.

Imagine my shock when he pushed me against the locker and trapped me with his arms while pressing his body against mine, “You’re one pretty thing.”

I saw Jessica’s eyes widen in shock and I’m sure I have the same expression on my face. Wait a minute, maybe he doesn’t know I’m me.

It was when Blake spoke for the first time, “You look kind of familiar.”