Chapter 39

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 39

~Lexis P.O.V.~
~April 2nd~

I didn't see anybody around the cars but then again I am like half asleep. I grabbed my phone and texted Arlie to head over here as soon as he could with Varo. I grabbed my gun and cocked it.

I walked to the front door and decided to wait for Arlie and Varo to show up. I have no idea how many guys there are and I'll be damned if my ass gets shot up in my own home.

~Chanelle P.O.V.~

I sat in Lexis and I's room just holding Trey as close to me as possible. Why does this have to happen? Why us? Who would want to harm or kill us? All these questions were racing through my head. It was moments like this where I wish Lexis wasn't involved in this life.

Most normal people would call the cops. Well our lives aren't exactly normal, if I call them Lexis could get locked up and that's the last thing I needed. Trey began to get fussy and started to cry.

"Trey, please please stop crying. Everything will be okay sweetie." I said in hopes he'd actually stop crying as I started to rock him.

I heard the back door open and the sound of footsteps from downstairs echoed upstairs.

~Lexis P.O.V.~

Arlie and Varo showed up and we all had our guns ready.

"On the count of 3 we bust out front. Don't shoot first." Everyone nodded their heads.

"3...2...1" I swung the door open and all of us ran out.

We all dropped our guns and just stared.

~Chanelle P.O.V.~

I heard Lexis count down and the front door swing open. My heart was beating so fast, I was praying nothing would happen to any of the guys.

It was quiet.

I heard the guns hit the porch. I was so confused. I didn't hear any gun shots but I had the fear that something happened to them before they could shoot.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and I saw Lexis poke his head through the crack in the door.

"Nelle, come downstairs. It's all good." Lexis' calm comforting voice reassured me. I walked out of the room and down the stairs, straight to the kitchen.

"What happened?" I asked as I placed Trey in Lexis' arms.

"Go look outside." He said calmly.

I walked through the living room to the front door. I peeped my head through the door.

"Aye Nelle Bells! What's good sis?" Jay said after he dapped Arlie.

"Jay!" I ran and gave him a big hug.

"I can tell you be all happy to see me." He said with a laugh. BV came from around the corner too.

"Aye, Nelle whats up?" He smiled and pulled me in for a hug.

"Nothing much, but we do have a new addition to the family. You two now have a nephew." Just as I said that, Lexis came walking out with a happy little Trey.

"Oh shit, Look over at Lexis." Jay said as he walked up to Lexis and took Trey out of his arms.

"BV he's so cute. Look at his lil' face, his lil' fingers, lil' toes, and his big ass eyes." He said with a smile.

"Damn Nelle. How old is he?" BV asked.

"He's about a week old." I said as I felt Lexis wrap his arms around my waist.