Eleven-Movie Marathon

Later in the evening, I was at home alone again. Mom said something about going out with some friends and won't be home until late tonight. So here I was, sitting on the couch with a bowl of popcorn and watching my favorite movies.

Currently, I was watching Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. I had already watched the first one, The Phantom Menace. And I intended to watch the rest of them tonight.

The sound of the doorbell surprised me while watching the movie. I never have company this late so I cautiously stood up from the couch. I grabbed the remote, paused the movie and slowly walked towards the door. There wasn't a window near our front door, so I couldn't peek out and see who it is.

"Who is it?" I called out. There was no answer though.

I reached out and grasped onto the doorknob. I took a deep breath, raised the remote in my hand, and swung open the door.

Standing there with surprised faces was Kelly and Aiden.

"Riley?" Kelly questioned me.

Jeez. I probably looked ridiculous holding this remote I my hand. I found myself blushing. "Oh. Hey."

Aiden started to laugh at me, making my face grow even hotter. "What the hell were you going to do with a remote?? I don't think you can kill anyone with that thing."

Kelly chuckled along with him. "Seriously Riley. Just let us in, we're not killers."

I stayed quiet and opened the door wider for them. They walked into my house and I shut the door behind them. I still felt embarrassed.

"So what are you guys doing here again?" I asked them.

Kelly looked at me. "I was bored at home and recruited Aiden to come here with me."

"I had nothing to do either." He shrugged.

"Well, I'm not really doing anything either. Just watching movies." I answered.

Kelly started to walk into the living room so Aiden and I followed.

"What are you watching?" Kelly asked me.

"Star Wars." I smiled, easing up a bit.

Aiden chuckled. "Nerd."

Kelly sat herself down on the big chair and made herself comfortable. "I've never seen this movie."

She did not just say that. "You've never seen Star Wars??" I asked her immediately. "Have you been living under a rock your whole life?"

"Oh, the irony." Aiden said as he sat down on the couch. That was the spot where I had been sitting this whole time.

I shook my head. "You can't sit there. I basically claimed that spot."

Kelly laughed. "You sound like Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory."

Well, at least she's seen that show. "It's decided then. You must stay and watch Star Wars." I told her, smiling.

She shrugged. "Okay."

I found the first movie and put it back on. When I walked back to the couch, Aiden was still sitting in my spot. "Sorry, but you're going to have to move." I crossed my arms.

"And what'll happen if I don't?" He asked. Amusement filled his eyes.

"Then I will sit on you."

He grinned. "Go ahead. I don't think I would have a problem with that."

Oh goodness. "Never mind." I rolled my eyes. I sat next to him instead of fighting with him. I pressed play on the remote and sat back.

"Is this popcorn?" Aiden reached for the bowl. He grabbed a handful of popcorn and stuffed it into his mouth.