One: Physics and Clowns

Chapter One: Physics and Clowns

Chapter One:

Serena Davidson:

- OMG! She's so fat

- LOL! She should change her name to SER-FATTIE!

- SHE'S SUCH A WANNABE LOSER!

- I SAW HER MAKING OUT WITH BERT. How pathetic is that?

- I heard she slept with the PE teacher to get a passing grade.

I smiled victoriously as I scanned the bathroom wall. Every bathroom at Willow Heights High School had discussion boards about everyone. This bathroom was dedicated to the juniors. Half of the bathroom was dedicated to me, Serena Davidson.

The comments were all lies of course. Well, except the ones about my terrible fashion sense and my bad make up work. Those were one-hundred percent true.

I left the bathroom trying the best I could to stop grinning.

I ignored the usual looks of disgust and or hatred as I made my way to my brother"s car.

"Hey, sweet brother of mine," I greeted him warmly as I squeezed myself into his car.

"Why do you do it?' he asked seriously.

"You're going to have to be a little more specific," I replied, trying to dodge the subject.

"I'm serious, Rena. You walk into that school every day with that fat suit on, getting heckled by god knows how many people, and yet you still keep it on."

"I told you"

"Rena, I know this is bigger than your future as an actress. It's like you enjoy being humiliated."

"I have my reasons," I snapped at him. "Would you just drive already?"

"Does this have anything to do with Mom?" he asked quietly.

I didn't reply after a long time, staring at his pine tree-shaped car freshener. "Just drive," I commanded, less harshly this time.

"Look, Rena, I know your still upset about what happened, but--"

"I'm not upset. She's dead. I get it."

I saw Kurt flinch out of the corner of my eye, but the ride home remained silent with the both of us concentrating solely on the road.

As soon as I ran into my room, I immediately stripped and took my fat suit off. It was suffocating me. I put on some loose shorts on and a random yellow t-shirt.

For the next hour or two I ended up doing my homework and watching T.V. upside down.

"You look like Clifford," my brother commented as he came into the living room.

"You look like your dad," I retorted nonchalantly.

"And all these years I thought I was adopted," he mocked gasp.

"What do you want?" I asked in an annoyed tone. He was blocking the T.V. from me.

"Dad says we're out of food."

"And?" I sat up right, trying to see past my brother.

"Go grocery shopping."

"Why don't you go?"

"Are you kidding me? I'm a guy. We don't do that." He gave me "where have you been the past century?" look. "Plus, I would probably end up getting five types of cereal and nothing else," he added.