Chapter 1 ~ I Tripped

Pure Bliss ~ Chapter 1 ~ I Tripped

Recap: All I can say about tomorrow is I hope my first day of school will be…bearable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bliss’s P.O.V.

“Bliss, wake up!” said a muffled sound. The voice sounded familiar, but I just couldn’t put my finger on it. “I swear, you sleep like the dead.” Emma… that’s who it sounded like.

My eyes slowly cracked open. My vision was slightly blurry until my best friend, Emma Lillian, came into focus. Yawning, I stretched, not hearing Emma’s next shout.

“Hmm?”

“Are you listening to me? I said get your butt up, because we’re late to school,” she shouted, green eyes wide.

I blinked a few times. “School?” I thought it was Summer…

“Yes, school. It’s the first day of our senior year! Now get up,” she demanded, throwing a pillow at me.

Passing a mirror, I did a double take. I was already in an outfit and not pajamas like I’d thought. How did that happen? “Oh,” I muttered to myself, remembering earlier this morning. I’d gotten up at four in the morning to make sure everything was perfect. I must have fallen asleep in the process.

My long brunette hair was straight and my crystal ice blue eyes seemed brighter with my bright blue shirt. Once I was satisfied with my appearance, I picked up my book bag.

Glancing at the clock, I gasped, gaping at Emma. “We have ten minutes to walk to school!” I shrieked, suddenly completely awake. One of us seriously needed to get a car…

She nodded, her expression screaming, ‘duh!’

“Let’s go then!” I yelled, grabbing her hand and starting to run.

“That’s what I was saying,” she muttered.

We were both sprinting for our lives, running scarcely close to the lake. It was a shortcut, leading to the school. The shortcut was kind of like a path, but I’m sure no one planned for people to walk on it.

So, we were running on the path, between Lake Bluewaters and a ton of bushes. The only sound was the gravel against our shoes & our heartbeats racing.

“Two minutes, we’re gonna make it!” I shouted in joy.

My ankle twisted all of a sudden. I cried out, bracing myself for the impact of the fall. My hands flew up to protect my face. I hit the ground hard. Pain was shooting up and down my ankle and right elbow.

“What happened?” Emma was at my side, attempting to pull me up. I almost lost my balance again and biffed it.

Hissing from annoyance and the pain, I managed to say, “I tripped.”

Emma burst out laughing, a huge grin plastered to her face. “Oh god, your face!”

“Shut up, Em,” I told her.

“You have mud all over you! Now you have to go to school like that and on the first day,” she giggled, cracking herself up again.

I sighed and began to limp forward.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” I shouted, outraged.

“What?”

I bent over, picked up my broken high heel, and shoved it in her face. “Do you have extra shoes, by any chance?” I pleaded, praying she would say yes.