The Bet *Unpredictable

The song is 9 in the Afternoon by Panic! At the Disco =) banner by pentapper.

I hope you’ll like this. Thank you, and happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 26 *Unpredictable*

~Sophia

“Your eyes are the size of the moon.”

“What?” I ask incredulously.

“Nothing,” Draky says sheepishly, scratching the back of his head.

I turn toward the window of the car and look up at the moon. My eyes are the size of the moon?! What is he talking about? Drake really is insane.

“Do you want to listen to music?” he asks.

“Sure,” I murmur, looking pass the buildings on the street.

He clicks the stereo, and a song plays. It’s on its refrain already but it’s unfamiliar. In the corner of my eye, I see Draky mouthing the lyrics of the song. Hah. He knows them. I listen to the song intently to catch the words. Fortunately, it’s on the chorus.

It’s nine in the afternoon, you’re eyes are the size of the moon. You could ‘cause—

Wait! Your eyes are the size of the moon. That’s what Draky told me a while ago!

A smile escapes from my lips without my permission. “Reciting lyrics of a song out of nowhere,” I say.

Draky’s lips quirks into a smile. “It just came on my mind.”

I don’t know why I’m not convinced. “What’s the title?” I ask, as the band plays the bridge of the song.

“Nine in the afternoon.”

“Oh,” I mutter, “By?”

“Panic at the disco,” he says, cocking his head to the side to look at me.

“Never heard of them,” I say.

“Never?” he asks incredulously.

“Never,” I repeat.

“What band do you listen to?” he asks, as if I’m a girl from the mountain.

“A lot,” I say evasively.

I’m quite satisfied with the way he drives, because it’s very different from before. He even wears his seatbelt now.

“Maybe all you listen to are the songs of Taylor Swift,” Draky says matter-of-factly.

Taylor Swift? Is he teasing me? I close my eyes to lessen the annoyance I feel.

When I don’t respond, he asks, “What bands do you listen to?”

“Why?” I grumble, not opening my eyes.

“I’m curious,” he says.

I open my eyes to see him staring at me. “Look at the road,” I chastise. “And, curiosity killed the cat.”

“Cats have nine lives,” he points out.

“Good thing the curiosity didn’t get tired of killing the cat.”

The corner of his mouth twitches upward. “You don’t like cats,” he observes.

“Yes,” I agree. I don’t know why I’m not fond of animals. I think they’re okay, but—