Introduction

Marceline is an 18 yr. old girl from the Bronx, New York. She's striving for something new. She's social but prefers to keep to herself sometimes. 

Each of her eyes possessed a different, vivid color that would change from time to time. It may sound beautiful to have such eyes, but to her, it's hell. Marceline had to get tons of surgery done due to the fact that the constant change of her eye color would affect her vision. Sometimes she would wake up blind or with blurry vision but she made the most of what she was given.

  Even though she was born Deaf, she had speech therapy growing up and no longer has a Deaf accent. She learned to read lips and to speak like any other hearing person. She would still have to wear a hearing aid, and sometimes a Cochlear Implant. It all depended on her hearing that day.

Oddly enough, she lived a terrible, boring and yet simple Bronx life. The Bronx was very active in violent crimes, street art, and is a multicultural borough. For some reason, it bored Marceline and it didn't seem to impress her anymore. She had friends, this is true, but there was no 'spark' with her friendships. She only had a special bond with one guy, Matthew.

Matthew is also an 18 yr. old who lived not too far from Marceline. The bond they shared, defined what a true friendship is. Both of them would do everything together and they told each other everything. She looked at him like a brother. He looked at her like a sister. 

Even though the two of them are complete opposites of each other, they seem to complete one another.

Matthew is a huge fan of engineering and mechanics. Marceline is an art, poetry, cars, and music fanatic. Matthew would teach Marceline a thing or two about cars and Marceline would teach Matthew a thing or two about art and literature. 

Even though she may have an amazing friend by her side, she still feels empty. Her parents would never pay attention to her. Marceline tried to communicate with parents but later stopped because she felt stupid doing so. She saw how pathetic she looked, begging for two individual's attention that never even bothered to check up on her. So by the age of 14, she declared herself independent. She needed no one, but if someone wanted to come along for the ride, she wouldn't stop you. On the other hand, she does not like to deal with drama. So if she even suspected anyone trying to start it, she'll tell 'em to get lost.

 She coped with things by drawing, opening a portal to another world when by painting, drawing, sculpting, or crafting; but nothing grabbed her attention more than graffiti. As she explored this type of art she really enjoyed a specific graffiti artist's work; Banksy. His work is absolutely amazing, but most of his work was in the UK. Sadly, she didn't have enough money to move to the UK . . . yet.

          Marceline would tell Matthew about her dream to move to Europe for the art. Matthew would call her crazy, but to Marceline, it was a possibility. Matt would tell her to slow down and to get real. He would tell her that they are both 18 years old; they are way too young to take a huge step in life. Marceline would nod her head in agreement, only to shut him up. But there is always something to keep in mind; she always had tricks up her sleeve. Whenever she wanted something, she'll work her ass off for it.

          She never told Matthew, but she had a job at a small bookstore near her house. She knew if she told him, he'd try to force her to quit. Even though she is not the easiest person to persuade, she just simply didn't want to hear it. 

          Aside from her dislikes, the job she worked at and doing other side jobs, like painting; she saved up every check she was given and hid it in her room. She also had some money coming in from a savings account her parents were forced to open for her when she was a baby because of her hearing loss. With that, Marceline feels it is time to move to London. The only difficult task is telling Matthew.

     She knows he'll try to hold her back from doing so but she'll stand her ground, the real question here is . . . will he?