Chapter 12

Kelsey's Point of View:

My heart stopped.

It felt as if somebody had come up behind me and knocked all the air inside of me, leaving me breathless.

Fumbling on my feet, my lips parted from the unexpected turn this night had taken. Tucking a strand of hair behind me, I shyly took a look around me, in search for somebody else he could be talking to though I knew deep down inside, I was the only one.

"Now," Justin stated however I couldn't tell if it was meant as a command or a simple request. His eyes warily watched as I took my first step forwards, my bare feet coming in contact with the chilled grounds due to the cold air that whisked through us.

Leaving about three feet in between us, I licked my lips, crossing my arms comfortably against my chest, shielding my upper body from the frost.

Never once taking his eyes off of mine, Justin scanned down the length of my body before looking back up at me through his thick lashes, an unfathomable twinkle shining in his irises, taking me off guard.

I expected anger, fury... disgust but what I got in return was uncertainty-about us and where we now stood in our relationship.

Holding out his hand in my direction, my eyes nearly fell from their sockets as Justin swallowed, watching me intently for what I was going to do. "Come here," He murmured, waiting patiently for me to break the ice.

Debating whether or not I should go through with whatever it was that he had planned, I fought against the side of me that told me to turn and walk away, instead, sliding my hand in his.

Electricity shot through us both, a gasp emitting from my lips as I stared wide eyed at our embraced hands, confused as to how I should feel despite what the beating of my heart against my chest told me.

Gently pulling me forwards until I caved into his lap, I took notice to everything single detail on the floor underneath us. Afraid that if I said or did something, it'd trigger the ugly side of Justin that I desperately never wanted to experience ever again.

Justin must have noted because he gently squeezed the side of my hip before smoothing it over with the pad of his thumb, snapping me back into reality. "Look at me," He whispered soothingly, desperation tinted within his words making my squirm on top of him.

Swallowing, I bit the inside of my cheek before bravely turning my head all the way until I met his eyes once more which were blazing hot with emotions I couldn't quite decipher.

Bringing the cigarette he held in his other hand forwards, he inhaled the smoke, keeping it stocked in his chest while dipping his head back, extending his neck that exposed his veins before blowing the smolder into the air.

Reaching over, I let my fingers gently trail down the length of his throat. Justin viewed over at me, his eyes burning into my forehead but I said nothing. Placing my hand on his chest, I finally managed to lock contact with him.