Chapter Thirteen ✓

Chapter Thirteen:

Emberly's POV:

The next morning I woke up earlier than usual. Even Cherry, who was staying over, was shocked to see me up so early. Hell, even I am confused on why I am so eager to go work today? I just felt... happy.

I checked my organiser for today and found out that we had an appointment with Miss Johnson, that lady who refused to back down. All in know she is a stakeholder. That's strange; normally Arran would've gone by himself. It must be important which means I have to deal with another problem.

What to wear?

I swear we girls may have the whole closet full of clothes but when we need the perfect dress we can't seem to find one good piece. After debating with myself, I ended up wearing a casual dress.

Sometimes, I feel like a lost soul. Just a minute ago I was thinking about not trying too hard and just being myself and now I am in front of my dressing table deciding whether to wear make up or not. Ughh, what is wrong with me? I took a close look at myself in the mirror, inspecting every feature. Dear god, he is right. I do look like a zombie. After slapping some concealer under my eyes, I did my eyes makeup, putting some mascara and eyeliner on. My hands were itching to do more so I ended up putting blusher and lipstick on.

Talk about dress to impress.

When I got down, Cherry was already having her breakfast and as soon as she saw me she stopped eating.

"Okay, what's the occasion?" She eyed me suspiciously.

"Nothing, I just want to look good... you know." I answered her, hastily wearing heels even though I hate running around in them.

"Sure, you are dressed in one of the best dress you have and its nothing? Bitch please." she pointed at my dress. It's a beautiful grey dress that reached above my knees and had black waistband.

Fine, I lied maybe I am extra cautious today. After all I am an assistant to the CEO of world's leading company. I have standards to match or maybe a boss to impress. Plus god know how's Miss Johnson.

"Everyone at work dresses so posh so I thought I should give it a try too. It wouldn't kill me to look nice." I said, sitting down on a chair next to her.

"I am just saying you look different. Here let me do your hair." She clapped her hands together in delight.

Oh, no.

After painfully ripping my hair off my head, she managed to do a messy chignon bun.

"Thanks for... almost making me bald. Catch you later."

After swiping my ID card, I greeted Ella who works in a reception. I don't even know why I am feeling so nervous today. My heart suddenly picked a fast pace. I was about to enter my cubicle when I saw a familiar figure near the photocopier room.