Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

Kelsey's Point of View:

I groaned shifting on my side, the sleep in me fading away as the morning light beamed into the room from the hallway, casting a small glow on my face. Yawning, I wiped the drowsiness from my eyes before stretching my body forwards, my arms running along the sheets.

Fluttering my eyes open, I looked to my right to see nothing but a void space, no sign of Justin anywhere. Immediately sitting upright, I clutched the sheet to my chest, my stomach bubbling with worry.

Just as I was about to open my mouth to call out for him, the door that led to the bathroom opened up, steam erupting from within before Justin stepped out with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist.

Shaking his head, specks of water flying as he did so, he ran his fingers through his hair where he then looked up and spotted me sitting on the bed. A glow of serenity sparkled in his hazel eyes and I found myself relaxing under his gaze. "You're up," He breathed out, a small smile etching across his face.

I nodded, not knowing what else to say as my mouth went dry. Licking my lips, I swallowed, trying to regain myself before he noticed I had only fully woken up because I didn't see that he was there.

But he knew me better than I knew myself and almost immediately, he caught onto my distress. Pulling his eyebrows together, concern consumed his facial features. "Are you okay?" He mumbled, walking over to me despite his lack of clothing.

I found myself going mute as I watched him move across the room to me, his bare feet padding against the hard-wooded floor of his room. "Yeah," I quickly recovered, avoiding his eyes. Tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, I crossed my legs like a pretzel underneath the comforter.

"Why are you lying to me?" He murmured quietly, fairly irked to say the least. I could tell from the soft roughness behind his words that he was trying not to let his anger get the best of him.

"I-I'm not, it's just..." I shook my head, stopping myself short. I know better than to try to get myself out of this one. No matter how hard I tried to build a wall around me, it wasn't that easy keeping it up when he was around. He had the power unlike anyone else to tear it down. "I didn't know where you went and I panicked..." I trailed off, slightly embarrassed now that I thought about it.

"Did you hear absolutely nothing I said to you last night?" He stated in incredulity, not able to believe his ears right now. "I meant it when I said I'm never leaving you again. Okay? I promised you last night and I'm keeping that promise." Regardless of trying to keep calm, his voice came out snappier than expected.

Twisting my lips to one side, I fumbled with the cloth against my chest, my stomach swooping in an unpleasant feeling, something I yearned to get rid of. "I'm sorry." I murmured gently, not wanting to get into an argument over something as foolish as this.

His eyes remained on me, never once looking away, his gaze intense, practically drilling holes into my head. "Damn it," Justin spat under his breath, rubbing his neck in frustration. Making sure his towel was securely wrapped around him, he made his way around to the other side of the bed before kneeling down beside me. Leaning over, he brushed his fingers across my shoulder, pushing my hair back. "Look at me." He whispered, his thumb tracing the lining of my jaw.