Shower Me With Luck

Shower Me With Luck

Some people are just lucky enough to be showered with all the luck. They get all the straight-A's, impress basically everyone, have an amazing boyfriend and live a life that's nothing but amazing. Take my twin sister, Joey Anderson, for example. Her life is absolutely perfect. Aside from the fact that she has an unlucky dork for her sister, her life is wonderful. Why was Joey favored with all the joy while I was stuck with nothing but bad luck?

It wasn't that I hated my life or anything. I mean, I had my moments. But she seemed to have so much more. If Joey had 10 moments, I'd probably still be trying to make that 1 moment of my appear. I was jealous, I knew that for sure. But I was too much of a bum to admit it.

I wanted Joey's life. I wanted to be the one to get all the straight-A's. I wanted to be the one who impressed all the adults. I wanted to be the one with all the great friends. Most importantly, I wanted to be the one with the boyfriend. And that was my problem. It wasn't any guy that I had my eyes for. It was him; the guy that was labeled out-of-bounds. Not only was he out of my league, but he already belonged to someone. And I was no competition for her. That's why I envied her so much. That's why I envied myself so much. It was because I was madly in love with Damen Wills, my sister's hot, irresistible, idiot of a boyfriend.

But I couldn't help it. Why did I feel so lucky every time I was around him? Every time he touched me, why did I feel like the most beautiful girl in the world? Why did he have that power over me? Every single denied wish in my life felt fulfilled when he was around. Why did it have to be that way? Seriously. Why was I in love with him. There was one thing I always wondered. What was WRONG with me?

↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ ↔ 

"Caitlyn. You're not paying attention!"

I snapped out of my deep thoughts as my teacher, Mrs. Maver's voice echoed through the walls of our classroom. I gave her a soft smile, instantly feeling bad. Why did I have to be the one to doze off during class? 

Ignoring my endless thoughts, I stared at the chalk board, trying to keep my attention drawn to the lesson. There was only one problem. Why did it have to be so freaking boring? It wasn't that I was a bad ass or anything, I just knew everything that was being taught up there. I knew everything. Why did I have to know everything? Even though I did know everything, I still managed to get a grade lower than a B in Math. One of my many issues.

"Caitlyn, this is the fourth time you've dozed off today. Probably the 100th time you've dozed of this week. Do you need to go to the principals office?" 

My head suddenly snapped as I flashed another innocent look at Mrs. Maver. All the students were facing me. All students including Damen. Why did he have to be in my Math class? Why couldn't he be with Joey or something? And why did I have to make such a big deal out of it? He was acknowledging my existence. I wanted that, didn't I?

"Sorry Ms," I said, trying to sound sweet. "I promise you, it won't happen again." 

This time, I tried to stay focused. I looked like a total loser, but I couldn't bear dozing off again. I was already on Mrs. Maver's bad side. I couldn't get on her worse-than-bad side. I'd be dead. And Joey would still be alive, living hale and hearty. That's another thing I hated about myself. No matter what, I'd compare myself to my sister. Seriously. What was wrong with me?

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ 

"Carter got a haircut," my best friend, Cristina Hansen shrieked, causing me to make my mouth form an O shape.