Chapter 36

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 36

~January 27th~

~Chanelle P.O.V.~

What was Aiden doing here? Why was he here, of all places?

"Um, Hi Aiden." I managed to choke out. My throat felt like it was starting to slowly swell shut.

"Hey Chanelle. So why have you been ignoring me? I thought I made a new friend." He said with a smile that made me feel really uneasy.

"I've been busy setting up for my baby." I said not taking my eyes off of him. Oh how much I wish someone else was with me right now. Well it's supposed to be my Dad with me, but God only knows where he could possibly be.

"Oh, well I didn't know you were engaged. Who are you engaged to?" I don't understand why he even asked that? We weren't on that topic and it was none of his business to begin with.

"Could you excuse me for a minute. I'm getting a call from my mother." I didn't even bother to hear his response. I got up from the table and pushed my way to the bathroom. When I got in, I locked myself in one of the stalls. I needed to call Lexis or someone at this point. I just didn't feel safe being here alone with Aiden.

I tried to call Lexis but it went straight to voicemail. His phone must be dead, so I called Arlie next.

"Aye Nelle. What's up?" "Can you and Lexis, or anybody at this point please come down to IHop? I don't feel safe at all-" "Lexis and I are already in the car. We'll be there in 5." "Thank you !" I hung up the phone and let out a sigh of relief. I didn't even want to go out there. Where was my Dad at? He's late and I'm scared- I didn't need to wonder much longer, He sent me a text saying he can't make it, his car won't start.

What am I going to do?

If I stay in the bathroom too long he might thing something's up, but if I go out there something bad could happen.

I ended up waiting in the bathroom for about another 3-4 minutes. I took a few deep breaths and walked out. My heart sank when I didn't see Lexis or Arlie yet.

I walked back to my booth to find Aiden sitting there texting on his phone. He noticed my presence and smiled at me with that same unsettling smile.

"You're back. I thought you might have snuck off." He said with a weird chuckle.

"My mom can talk for a while, I'm starting to feel a little faint. I think I'm going to go take a few breaths outside." I said as I shifted my gaze to the sweet freedom that was behind those doors.

"I'll go out to keep you company-"

"Chanelle, where your Dad at?" Arlie said as he met me at the door. I have never been happier than right now to see Arlie standing there than right this second.

"He was having car troubles. So we are going to eat some other time." I said as I gave Arlie a hug. When he returned the gesture; I felt nothing but complete safety. I didn't even as much as notice Aiden there anymore. I wanted Lexis more though.

"Well Lexis is out there. Go with him, he said y'all got an appointment. I'll take your car home." I let go and pulled my keys out of my pocket. I dropped them in his hands and mouthed 'Thank You' before looking out the door to see Lexis leaning up against his car.

"Bye Chanelle. It was nice seeing you!" Aiden yelled as I made my way out to Lexis. I didn't say anything back, I had my eyes set on Lexis.

~Lexis P.O.V.~

She walked up and gave me a kiss before hopping in the car.

"You don't look too good. What's up?" I asked as I pulled out of IHop. I wasn't told anything but to just come get Nelle from IHop. Arlie said she'd tell me.