A special surprise -Chapter 45

Okay so now it's thuesday, August. Only 2 more weeks and vacation is over. Ugh, I don't wanna go to school, but hey, at least it will get my mind off of things again. It could help. As for Sam, he didn't call anymore so I thought that he was too busy with moving.

I was just sitting on my bed, listening to some music, when our doorbell rang. I paused my music and ran to the hallway. "I'll get it mom!" I shouted through the house. "I'm sitting right here on the couch you know" She replied. "I know, I just like shouting" I chuckled.

I opened the door while checking my phone, so I wasn't paying attention to who was standing in front of me. Kind of rude, I know. I'm working on my attitude, don't worry. "Hello, I'm the new neighbour. My mom, my sister and I just moved her from Autralia. We now live in the yellow house next door. My mom wanted me to introduce myself so here I am. My name is Sam Andrews" The boy explained shyly and only looked up at the end. By hearing the name 'Sam' I looked at the person.

"Sam! Oh my God! You live next door? That is so awesome!" I cheerfully said while hugging him. "Thory? What are you doing here?" He asked while hugging back. "I live here" I chuckled. "Thory, who's at the door?" My mom shouted from the livingroom. "It's Sam. I met him in Australia. He's like, my best friend" I shouted back.

"Well, don't let the poor boy stand outside, let him in" She chuckled. "Come in" I smiled. This is great, really great, my best friend now lives next door. Isn't that fantastic? I thought so, yes. "Let's watch a movie" I suggested. We watched 'The Ugly Truth' and we laughed our butts off. I did notice that at some romantic moments in the movie, Sam took my hand and moved closer to me. I wonder why that is. Afterwards we went to my room and sat on my bed. We just talked a bit.

"Everything okay?" He asked. "Yes" I smiled and nodded. "I didn't even know you had a sister. You never told me" I pouted. "Sorry, but you needed me more at the time. I needed to be there for you because you were having a hard time with Cody and stuff" He explained. "What's her name and how old is she?" I asked while smiling. "Her name is Emily and she's 9" He answered. "Aww, that's cute. What's your mom's name?"

"Nicole, but her friends call her Nic. My mom and sister would absolutely love to meet you" "Aww that's sweet of them. Are you already done unpacking?" "Yup" "Wait I'll ask my mom. Be right back"

I walked to the livingroom, to my mom. "Hey mom, can Sam's mom and sister come over for dinner tomorrow?" I asked. "Tomorrow?" She sat up. "I guess so. Do I have to make spaghetti?" "Yes please. Your spaghetti is heavenly" I smiled. "Okay, dinner around 6 pm?" "Okay" I walked back to my room to discuss it with Sam, who was still sitting on my bed, now texting someone.