Isolation

"So who're you?" The mysterious boy with the black and blue hair asked. I was still gushing about his good looks in my head so I barely heard what he said. Luckily, Dusty nudged me with his elbow, thinking I was too preoccupied with my eye or something.

"Oh, I'm uhh.. Dakota," I said, trying not to stammer. I already looked like a scrawny nerd that gets bullied. I didn't want to add more to my plate.

Gorgeous boy nodded. "Seth," he introduced himself. I just nodded. I noticed Seth wasn't here yesterday. He must've been the one that completed this group. There were two seats left but they both had bags on them as if no one else was expected to come.

Seth nodded at me, curious about me still. "Are you a freshman?" he asked, looking very confused as to why his upper classmen friends were hanging around fresh meat. Needless to say, the whole table erupted in laughter as I was trying to answer him.

"Junior," I corrected his thoughts. He just nodded, as if thinking things over.

"You look like a chick," he said, and as soon as those words came out of my mouth, my body froze. Surely if the others hadn't thought about this before, they would be now. Damn him! He may have just given me away? I quickly tried to compose myself to not give anything away. I decided to glare at him. That's what anyone would do if apparently they looked like the opposite gender to someone, right? They're bound to get offended!

"Gee, thanks," I said, sarcasm dripping off of every syllable.

"But you do!" Collin quickly joined in. "You're scrawny like a chick, too!" he said, wrapping his fingers around by very thin wrist to prove a point to the whole table. I tried pulling away from him, but it was no use. "You're weak, too!" he said like an excited puppy. He was loving the fact that he could point out the obvious.

After I finally pulled away I looked at Dusty to see his reaction on all of this. He just grinned sheepishly, as if trying to remind me when I broke down and began crying cause I got punched. I sent him a glare, too.

"Okay, okay," I said, calming the guys down a bit, "I am loving the attention, but it's a little offending," I told them, looking at them all with a raised eyebrow. I turned to Collin, "Plus, I'm not that weak!"

He slightly snickered, "I really can't take you seriously with that black eye." And once again the table was in giggles. I sighed. Boys will be boys.

After lunch, I grabbed my backpack and put it on my shoulders, watching the others do the same. Except most of them just hung their backpacks off of one shoulder. It made me roll my eyes at them. They're the ones that are gonna have back problems in the future.

Collin looked over at me.

"Where ya headed, Cat?" he asked, keeping a serious poker face. I grimaced.

"Not you, too!" I begged. I didn't want the whole school calling me a damn cat and meowing at me. Collin just laughed as Dusty shook his head at him. Someone came up behind Dusty and I and dropped their heavy arms around our shoulders.

"So, ladies," I heard a deep voice say as natural, dark red hair fell into my vision. Logan. "Will you be joining us after classes in the courtyard?" he asked, trying to sound formal but failing miserably. I did my best to shrug under his weight on me. It only made him chuckle.

"Wow, 'Kota, you really are short," he laughed as I muttered a 'shut up'.

Dusty ducked under his arm to face us. "Sure, why not?" he asked, looking over at Collin.

"Hey, Collin. You in?" he asked, adjusting his messenger bag on his shoulder. Collin nodded, looking over at us from the conversation he was having with his twin.