Chapter Eight- Fight

I growled but nodded as I looked up at him, my eyes flashing a dark, dangerous shade of red.

“Fine… Let’s do this” I hissed as I moved, squaring up to the green dragon in front of me. I glanced to Alice for a split second, to make sure she was ok, and in that second, Talon lunged at me, our bodies colliding and sending a loud smashing noise to radiate through the island. Hissing I smashed against him more and managed to push him back as I lashed out, my claws scraping his shoulder and leaving a deep cut there. He hissed in pain before his claws met my chest and left scars. I growled in pain and blew fire at him, but he dodge out the way and shot fire back at me. I dodged but it still caught the side of me, making me whine in pain as the fire burned, but I knew the pain wasn’t as bad as it would have been if I was still in my human form.

We continued to fight, each receiving multiple cuts and burns all over us, but I refused to let him win, I would beat him even if it killed me, as long as Alice would be ok. But finally, it was over, Talon lay in a bleeding ball on the floor and I smiled triumphantly before flying back to where Alice was, during the fight we had managed to get pretty far away from her. As I flew, I couldn’t help but smile a little to myself.  I had won… I had finally managed to beat him.

Arriving at Alice I smiled in relief as I saw she was still there and that none of the other dragons had come to her, though as I got closer I saw a few more marks on her and growled. Landing and running to her, I clawed the ropes off her.

“Alice?” I asked worriedly as she dropped into my arms, her head lolled back and her eyes closed.

“Alice?” I asked again, more worried but she didn’t reply.

THE END