Chapter Three

Chapter Three

   I feel almost thoughtless the whole entire time were unloading and introducing and rushing underground into a lab. People are panicing and its again with the phrases I dont understand. I start trying to notice things that will make sense to me, that will bring the numbness out of my brain. Everyone is wearing grey, different shades and uniforms, but everyone is in a grey uniform. I look down, I'm in a black tank top and purple pajama shorts. I almost laugh at how I bring color to the room. My parents are both wearing grey pajamas and my brother is wearing black pants a grey pajama shirt, which is a bit more color, but not much. I never liked to wear grey, it can be a depressing color. I look around more, everything is so uniform, the grey fits right in. This is a depressing place. I twirl my charm bracelet and watch as the little crystal charms flash rainbows around the room. Kaemon notices, but then quickly turns his attention back to the adults who are sitting a computer and scrolling around on the screen. So I sit lonely on the chair that some lady practically shoved me into. I look at a clock and feel a wave of sleepiness when I see the time. Its four thirty in the morning! Goodness. It truly is impossible to get some good sleep in my house. I look up and I'm suprised to see everyone focused on half drunk Haymitch who's talking about something concerning Two and actually seems to know what he's on about. Well, thats new. I try to focus in on what's he's saying when I hear him use my name. I lower my eyebrows and try to focus even more. The topic of his speech is me, Two, and my brother. I don't even realize I'm still scowling when he pauses and raises his eyesbrows at me.

"Done scowling, Maggie?" He asks, speaking as if I'm his buiness partner of sorts.

"Done talking about me?" I say, in the same tone.

He releases his tension and smiles.

"Yes, I am, princess,"

I smile sweetly and wait for them to go back to their chitter chatter. A woman steps out from behind the back of them that I hadn't seen before. She has blonde curly hair and a baby blue dress. Yes! I am not the only one with a sense of happiness.

"You must be awfully bored, Magnolia," She says with a capitol accent.

I like her a little bit less now. Capitol accents bug me. My other first thought was how she knew my name. I continue to forget that my parents may be the most famous people in the country, of course she knows my name.

"I am."

"Well, how would you like me to take you to a more entertaining place?" She asks, walking towards me.

From the looks of this place, theres not really anywhere that can be that entertaining, but I might as well she what she has up her sleve.

"That would be delightful!" I say, mocking her entusiasm a bit.

She looks a bit hurt, but then paints a smile on her face. Then as she comes closer, through the thin wrinkle line and the make up I recognize her. Its Effie, the escort for District 12. Oh, this should be fun. I stand and smile as sweetly as I can and follow her lead. As she walks out of the room.

"Isnt it just ever so depressing here?" She asks as soon as the door closes behind me.

"Yes, there's too much grey," I say, trying to keep up with her fast pace.

"You sound so much like your mother, you know," She says.

This shocks me. Nobody ever tells me I'm anything like my mother, because I'm not. I could be anybody's child for all people know. I dont know if her comment is a compliment or an insult, so I just say,

"Thanks,"

She does something thats halfway between a giggle and a chuckle, and then turns into another grey hallway. We walk down several hallways before she opens a door where a group of teenagers sit laughing in a circle. They all turn and see Effie, start to turn away and then one of them sees me.