Dorm Room 210: Thread and Needle

• Dedicated to Fans/Readers/Voters of DR210

Author Note: Edited and updated on the 26th April 2019

This song I feel really represents Lillian and Noah's relationship - it's so sweet, you know? If this book turned into a movie, this song will be playing in the credits.

If you're wondering why the chapters are a bit shorter it's because I'm trying to fill up the rest of the chapters so I won't have to delete any.

Eight chapters to go!

Instagram: broken_dream07

Chapter 23:

Thread and Needle

The days are colder.

Jackets and scarves replace t-shirts and sun glasses. The crowd of students who gather around the grass areas and under branches of trees disappear as grey clouds overcast blue. I have no qualms with winter and its cold change. The cold gives me a reason to wear my favourite oversized jumper with sequence on the bottom and my wool maroon beanie that suits my face nicely.

The day for when our assignment is due nears. Noah and I stress over making the final touches perfect, and updating our portfolio every time there are changes made. Last week heightened our feelings, but it also strengthened our team work. I'm more relieved that nothing has changed from focusing on school and, more importantly, acing our classes.

We spend a lot of time this week using the sewing room and tools to further aid us. Other students do as well. On occasion, we'll have someone come up and compliment the three pieces we chose to create, and out of kindness, we'll take the time to scout what they've created themselves.

It's no surprise everyone in our course is talented, but I've been so absorbed in my own world, I forgot what everyone else's styles look like. There are designs so far out of the normality, it's almost a pale to ours in comparison. But what grips me is the love and affection each partner has for their work.

"I think I accidentally deleted our theory work, and then Mark lost the format design we crafted four weeks into the assignment," says my classmate, Vanessa, her curly brown hair sticking out all over the place. "Can't say it's been an easy ride."

Noah looks over at our work, hanging off the small mannequins we manage to grab. "Don't think we've had much problems over lost equipment. Sunshine?"

I shake my head.

Vanessa makes a face. "Well, duh. You guys room together, it's so much easier than organising meet ups with someone who barely goes on his phone."

"You two aren't rooming?" Noah asks, wrapping a measuring tape around his arm.

"Nah, not me and Mark. I think there's another couple here who share a dorm, but they were asked by the teacher to pair up. I'm not sure, I only talk to a small group of people." She looks over at me. "Like, two at most."

"Hey, Lillian, Noah!" I turn at the sound of Nicole's voice by the doorway, waving us over. A few people look her way, but her eyes only focus on where we are. I wonder if she knows they're staring at her. I wonder if she cares. "You guys ready? Everyone's waiting."

"We'll be there soon." I move to pack up our things, slowly stripping our pieces off the mannequins, my attention going back to Noah talking to Vanessa.

Our first date is tomorrow, but Noah hasn't mentioned it since last week, and I've been caught up in everything else to bring the topic into conversation. Our lustful relationship has taken care of the affection I've been craving. A part of me knows this wouldn't have happened if Noah didn't feel anything towards me, but the other twisted side says it's only a matter of time before he tells me I'm not what he wants.