Chapter one

"Skyler, wake up! Come on, get up." A voice hollered.

"ugh no" I moaned.

"Sky, get up or you're gonna get it" I could tell it was Alex, he's like my older brother.

"No! I'm tired" I mumbled.

"Alright, you asked for it!" He said walking away, seconds later I heard more foot steps.. Then I was wide awake; and soaking wet.

"Ahh, fuck!" I yelled. Alex glared at me, he hated when I curse.

"Sorry?"

"Just get up, people are coming today. I know you don't want to but Ms. Amy said to."Alex begged. I growled but got up. He left so I jumped in the shower, after about ten minutes, I got out and walked to my closet.

I put on a bright orange tank top and a white see through shirt with black skinny jeans. I walk down the stairs to see everyone sitting around the giant table for breakfast.

"Skyler sit down and eat." amy said she's the orphanage director.

"I'm not hungry" I said completely lying through my teeth I was starving. I am starving.

"Whatever."

"Can I go for a walk?" I asked.

"I suppose, just be back soon okay?"

"Okay.."

I grabbed my skateboard and walked out the door. I skated for a couple of blocks till I got to Walmart. I walked inside and down to the clothing. I looked at all the clothes I wonder, nah, then I walked to the electronics. I looked around by the camera. I really needed a new one.

These idiots forgot to lock the cabinet that keeps all the real ones. I roll my eyes and set my board down. I looked around before quickly pulling out one of the camera and stuffing it in my bag, I jumped on my board and headed for the door.

"hey you stop!" I heard someone yell but I just skated faster. Once I got home I walked in to see a group of girls huddled around some guys. I didn't really care they must be the people who are adopting someone. I walked in and Amy started to yell at me

"where have you been! I told you not to be long!" She whisper yells

"It's not like I'm gonna be adopted anyways." I roll my eyes at her.

"Ugh! Just go upstairs!" I once again roll my eyes before jumping up the stairs.

Liam's POV

As I was being surrounded by young girl I could help but hear the door slam before the yelling started. It quickly stopped, I then heard someone jumping up the stairs. I moved from the group of girls and walked upstairs, the boys followed behind. We stopped at one of the doors that was closed while the rest were open. We heard a girl inside crying we opened the door to see something horrifying.

This little girl was sitting on her floor, crying her eyes out. When I got closer to her I could see her arm was bleeding.

"Louis go get some gauze." I said calmly I didn't want to scare her. She looked at me and then looked down, she had stopped crying and just sat there. I sat down next to her.

"Hello, I'm Liam can you tell me your name?"

Skyler's POV

There were five boys now standing in my room. The one who said he was Liam sat down next to me

"I'm Skyler." I whispered

"I love it" He said as we stood up helping me as well, we sat down on my bed. The boy who Liam told to get gauze came back and handed them to Liam. I placed my arm out as him and watched as he wrapped my arm. The other three boys who were standing in my door way came and sat down on my bed.

"I'm harry, and this is Niall and zayn." The curly haired boy said pointing to a very pale boy and another boy with dark hair and dark eyes. I think I've heard the name zayn before and I just can't remember where.

"Well sky, we would like to adopt you is that alright?" Liam asked I nodded.

"Wheres your suitcase love we'll help you pack." Niall said I pointed to my closet and Louis went to get it. We packed the few things I had. Four of the boys went down stairs to fill out paper work leaving zayn and I together.

"So how old are you," he asked

"I'm sixteen." I looked down at my arm. How could I have let them see me like this.

We walked down the stairs into the living room all the girls were staring at me. Then Alexis walked up to us. She hates me

"Hey sky!" She said way to happily "can I talk to you before you go?"

"yeah sure" I said as we walked into the kitchen

"Listen!" She said once we were out of ear shot "you're gonna go back in there and tell them you don't want to be adopted! You're gonna tell them that you can't leave your friends here and that they should take me!" She growled I rolled my eyes

"No, for once I have a shot to get far far away from you! I don't have to listen to you!" I turned and walked back to zayn what's so special about them?

They're probably just like every other guy that comes in here looking to adopt. They probably just want some little fuck doll. Zayn and I went and got into the car parked outside.

Let me just rethink this all over. I'm going to live by myself, with five guys. Liam, Niall harry zayn and Louis. Wait. I know who they are.

"You guys are one direction."

"Uh, yeah we are. You didn't know?" Liam asked surprised

"No, I've never listened to you guys before. This girls would always play your music though."

"Oh." They all said

"So uh who is my legal guardian?"

"I am." Liam said