Chapter 18

• Carter •

I could barely sleep. All I could do was silently cry as I watched my bedside clock and prayed to get the night over with.

It was only 12:07.

More tears rolled down my cheek. I didn't want to move. No way. I could never leave Justin. He's become a part of me. I would never be whole without him. I needed my Justin.

I suddenly shoot up in bed, my eyes wide. I could hear the soft sound of something that sounded like rocks hitting my window sill.

There it was again.

I swung my feet over my bed, my heart pounding as I tiptoed over to my window. I look through it, seeing nothing.

"Carter!" A voice whisper-called me.

I look down and heave a sigh of relief. Justin's standing there on the grass outside, his hand positioned to throw another rock.

He let's it clatter to the ground and motions for me to open the window. I smile and do as told, sticking my head out once my window was up.

"What are you doing?" I ask him.

"I couldn't sleep." He tells me. "Can you open the front door for me? There's no way for me to get in through your window."

I roll my eyes and nod, slamming my window shut and tiptoeing out of my room and downstairs. I go to the front door and gently pry it open. Justin's standing there looking kinda cold. He grins and steps inside. I close the door behind him and absentmindly throw myself into his chest.

"I missed you." I murmur.

He chuckles. "Carter, I saw you a few hours ago."

I don't say anything, just press my lips against his cheek, giving him a quick as I lead him upstairs and into my room, softly closing the door behind us.

"Why are your eyes red?" He questions as he takes a seat on my bed.

I bite my lip and sit down next to him, shrugging. "I don't know."

He gives me a look of disbelief and falls back on the bed, pulling my with him. I cuddle into his chest, a tear escaping and I try to hide it.

"You ok?" He asks, sitting back up, a puzzled look on his face. "Was that a tear?"

"No." I lie but my voice comes out five octaves higher.

Justin frowns and I sit up as well, leaning into him. He takes my chin and turns my head so that his eyes bored into mine.

"What aren't you telling me, Cart?"

My bottom lip begins to tremble slightly. I didn't want to him. I didn't want him to know. I couldn't bare the thought of him being heartbroken.

"Nothing." I sniffle, wiping away another tear.

Justin sighs and rests his forehead to mine. "Tell me, Cart. I know you're hiding something."

"I'm not hiding anything, Justin." I keep lying.

"Cart, you're not a very good liar. What is it?" He gently kisses my neck, his way of making me give into anything.

But all I do is burst into tears.

Justin seemed kind of shocked by my reaction but just pulls me into his chest, soothingly caressing my hair.

"You're scaring me, Cart." He whispers.

I simply keeping sobbing, burying my face into his neck. He slowly lays back down, me with him, and pulls the covers over us.

I hear him sigh. "Carter-"

But I cut him off, rolling on top of him and pressing my lips to his. He was taken off guard but kisses me back, his hands cupping my face.

After a few minutes off kissing, I pull away, letting my forehead rest against his and not bothering to get off him.

He didn't seem to mind.

"What was that for?" He mumbles, a small smile etched onto his face and his eyes sparkling in the darkness.

I bite back a sob at the thought that I might never see that smile or that sparkle in his eyes ever again.

I kiss him once more, wrapping my leg around his and tangling my hands in his hair.

"Carter," He moans, kissing me back ever-so-softly and passionately.

I finally pull away, ready to break the news to him. Just the thought caused another rainfall of tears to escape from my eyes, some of them falling onto Justin's cheek.

He doesn't make a move to wipe them away.

"Justin, I'm moving." I tell him, my voice barely audible over my sobs.

Even the darkness I could see his face pale over. "You're only joking, right, Cart?" He mutters, nervousness clear in his voice.

I shake my head, my forehead falling once again on his. "I wish."

I notice his eyes beginning to water. "Why?"

"Aunt Marci got a job," My voice breaks. "In North Carolina."

A pout forms on his lips and he rolls me over so that he's now on top. "Can't you stay?"

"I want too. You don't know how much this kills me, Justin." I cry. "But I'm not 18 yet. I have to graduate first and then I'll be free to do whatever I want."

A tear falls down Justin's cheek and lands on my nose. He brushes it away with his own nose, his eyes looking sadly into mine.

"I don't want you to leave, Cart." He tells me. "I can't live without you."

"Niether can I." I inform him, my hand caressing his cheek.

"When are you leaving?"

"I don't know."

His eyes search mine. "We'll make it work."

"What do you mean?"

"The long distance thing." He says. "We'll make it work. I'll call you everyday single day until you're back in my arms."

A smile tugs at my lips. "I love you."

"I won't be with any other girl either. I promise. You're the only girl for me." He grins. "I love you, Carter Gray."

My heart hammers against my chest as I make the same promise. "I promise I won't even think of looking at any other guys. You're all mine." I smile, giving him a gentle kiss.

"And I promise," He begins to say as he kisses me. "That I'll be there on your graduation day, no matter what."

All I can do is smile and kiss him back.

We kiss a little longer before he rolls off me and pulls me onto his chest.

"I don't want to leave you." I whisper.

"I don't want you to leave me either." He murmurs.

The last thing I feel is his lips kissing the top of my head before I'm finally consumed by sleep.

__________________________

Author's Note: Sorry it's short. I honestly thought it was way longer. But I actually feel good about this chapter :] Anywho, Comment Vote Fan!!! So much more to come!