Chapter 1 - Project and Pain

Chapter 1 – Project and Pain

I walked into the potions classroom, the one that only let the kids who succeeded extremely well last year. My parents really weren’t able to get me a new bag this year, since my brother broke his wand last year; they had to buy him a new one. So I was stuck with an old torn up bag, which just ripped on the bottom of it.

“Dang it,” I muttered taking the now, empty bag off my shoulder, setting it in the floor and I started stacking my books up on my desk, which was in the front of the class room.

But as I collected the last of my books, someone walked by, waved his hand, so that the stacked books were on the floor again.

“Oops.” He chuckled, and I knew that voice, the voice that has teased me for the five years, now moving onto the sixth.

After I re-stacked the books on my desk, I stood up and looked at Scorpius Malfoy, sitting lazily in his chair. I stared daggers at him, “What’s your problem?” I said. And he turned his head towards me with a smirk. “I don’t know, you tell me.”

He now sat up straight in his chair; I huffed out of my mouth in a ‘wow’ kind of way, and pierced my lips. My dad always said I looked like my mom when I did that; then I crossed my arms.

“For the past five years you have tormented me to no end, and at the beginning, I hadn’t even done anything to you! And now that you are sixteen, I thought that you would stop being so immature, and decided that you weren’t some spoiled brat that you thought you were, and actually apologize. “But no, now sixteen, you continue! Good luck becoming an aurora two years from now, with your childish ways!” I almost yelled. 

He looked both ways at his Slytherin friends, then stood up slowly and walked up to me, which forced me to look up in order to see his face.

He smirked, his minty breath blew on me, but I wasn’t going to let him try to charm me into being nice, I wasn’t like those other girls. He wasn’t a player, no, he has only had too girlfriends his whole life. But it didn’t mean he wouldn’t use is un-believable charms against a girl for a way out.

“You know Weasley, your right, I am sorry. Now, just beware your lunch later today and…”

His eyes followed to my desk, “Stop being so clumsy and spilling your books.” Then he knocked over my books again, snickering, he sat back on his chair, leaving me to clean up the mess. Then our potions teacher, Professor Richan walked in, his gray and wrinkly skin followed every move he made with a jiggle. Round glasses caressed on top of his nose, and his gray hair almost to his back, with a long gray beard as well.

He stopped in front of me picking up my books, “Why an earth are your books in the floor Miss. Weasley.”

I thought for a second, dumb little prat, going to pay me back for this. “I am very clumsy Professor.”  I heard muffled laughter in the background, which I was guessing were the Slytherins.

“Well,” Professor Richan said, “Never let it happen again or you will have detention, you understand?”

“Yes Professor,” I mumbled, finally sitting down in my desk for once today.

“Alright,” He said cheerfully in front of the class. “Last year, I sent the ministry a letter, asking for a special project for you kids. But remember, it might be very dangerous, so you might need parent’s permission first. So that’s why, a couple days ago, after it got approved I sent the permission slips to your parents. So the ones who replied with a yes, is…”

He then read off a bunch of names, including mine and Malfoys, which I didn’t feel like hearing the name. When he was done reading the names, a bunch of kids groaned because they weren’t allowed too.

“Alright then, so I will tell you each what it is. You students will create a potion, and the one to succeed with the top grade, gets their potion taught in Hogwarts until the day it crumbles, which I am sure will never happen.”

My eyes lit up like Christmas morning, my best subject is potions, and I had been writing down potion ideas ever since I started here. I had three journal’s full of ideas, and was very excited. I couldn’t wait for lunch break; I could skip right to the common room and look through them. I mean, who needs food anyways?

“But, since this project will be so hard, you each will have one partner.”

Right and here comes sadness.

“Alright,” Professor Richan said. “I’ll read off partner lists, first is… Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy.”

Right, and there comes pain.