chapter nineteen (re-write)

chapter nineteen: hurtful accusations (re-written on 01.28.18)

I think I was trying to avoid Sergio as best as I possibly could, which was kinda useless since he, you know, lived here and was, kinda, my boss?

It was two days later, Robin had been practically forced by Marcos and Torie to leave for some important, prior engagement. Tay had responded with complaints and promises of a fruitful night which, of course, sparked Robin's interest.

I, of course, had to intervene since there were children present, and they had no need to hear that sort of talk. I had to remind Tay that Viktor was coming today and the last thing that was needed is Viktor taking aims at Robin for being...well, human. That was reserved for me and I rather get bullied by some old shit then let Robin be bullied, because unlike me, Robin had a big-ass mouth that knew no bounds.

The last thing that was wanted during this visit was Viktor blowing his shit and trying to kill Robin. I made this comment to Robin, too, letting her know that it would be dangerous to linger here for the next few days. Robin still left with complaints but she left, thankfully.

I was rushing around making sure that everything was in tip top shape. The kids' were getting ready by either showering or picking out an appropriate outfit for this unwanted visit. Marvin had been in charge of cooking a grand feast but that was hard to do when I was running around cleaning everything in haste in order to help him cook, so, he joined in and began to help me clean.

Sergio had been gone most of the morning; he was overseeing that extra patrols were in place and made sure the wolves were on extra alert. That night that Scott tracked me down at a party and tried to kinda kill me, I told Sergio something odd that Scott said, that struck me in a weird way.

Scott had said, or, well, shouted at me that he had, had a new family that saw his potential and that made my mind whirl with questions. Sergio, also, had a look of puzzlement when I told him this. My immediate bet was on Viktor but Sergio dismissed that suggestion, and I was kinda baffled when he did—to me, it made blatant sense but not so much for Sergio.

Instead of trying to drill my theory into Sergio's brain and annoy the shit out of him, I brushed it off with a known frown and left his office. I made a bet with my best friends' that I would eventually turn out to be right and they agreed with me as well.

Sometimes, Rosie knew best, ya know?

I shook my head and finished cleaning out the guest quarters that Viktor and his small posse of men would be using. I finished making the last bed and leaned back with a sigh of relief but this day was far from over. I grabbed my cleaning supplies and was about to leave the large room, which was for Viktor and his mate, when I yelped in surprise of the black figure looming at the doorway—Sergio.

I put my hand over my heart and glared mildly at my boss, "You could've stated that you were right behind me." I grumbled meekly not really wanting to deal with him right now, or look at his super nice eyes. I pretended to turn around and gaze over everything to make sure that nothing was out of place or seemed dirty—I didn't need this old fuck complaining that something was dirty or there hadn't been enough toilet paper in his room.

God, I felt like some maid or something today.

Sergio didn't seem to say anything and I had a feeling that he was waiting for me to shift my attention onto him, something I was trying not to do. I was kinda peeved at him and I was avoiding him because I had developed a small crush on him. Being anywhere near him or ever making small talk seemed like a recipe for disaster for me.