The War Journals: Resistance (Full Novel)

by

Cory McCoy

Published by Cory McCoy at Wattpad

Copyright 2013 Cory McCoy

We aren't always given a choice where our path in life takes us, we just have to hope for the best and pray that God equipped us to handle the worst.  

My involvement in this conflict began in the shadows of the cascade mountains. 

It seems like a century has passed since the war began, still no one fully believes life will one day be better. The hardships have become a way of life. Constantly on the run, always hiding. What happened to that paradise we had hoped our children would grow up in? May 23rd, was the day God abandoned America.

I believe it was Santayana who said, "Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.” And so the historians urge us to tell our stories. These professors think that by chronicling our accounts of the war, that we will somehow instill hope in the generations to come. I have witnessed more deaths than any man can comprehend, taken enough lives to ensure my place in hell. I am responsible for more deaths from both sides than any man would dare to claim. In their naivety, these historians believe that my accounts of the conflict may have the power to shape the outcome of this war in our favor.

My name is Connor Jeffries. This is my account of the darkest days in our country's history and how the Resistance began.

Part One

An Incredible Burden

Chapter 1

My involvement in this conflict began in the shadows of the cascade mountains. We aren't always given a choice where our path in life takes us, we just have to hope for the best and pray that God equipped us to handle the worst.

It was stiflingly hot that day, but our biggest concern was making sure we had enough potato salad for the party we were having that weekend. We had just seen a movie and decided to go to the big box retailer next door to grab some last minute supplies. God how I hated those places.