Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Libby's POV.

It had been three days since Cooper passed away and I miss him so much, he was my best friend, a brother. Chad called Jessica that night and told her the bad news, he didn't want to do it over the phone but she demanded to know and she refused to come down when Chad told her to.
I was sitting in the living room watching television when there was a knock at the door. I walked over and opened it to see a girl standing there.
"Can I help you?" I asked. She then started crying.
"I'm Kelly, Coopers mate," she replied while looking at me. I looked her in the eyes but it was blank, she was showing no emotion at all. This girl can act but I'm not falling for anything, he already had a mate back home.
"Come in." I told her then stepped aside. When she walked in I could see her looking around.
"So where's everyone else?" She asked, looking back at me.
"They're all at the festival down at the park but I didn't really feel like going." I told her and she nodded. "I'm Libby by the way." I held out my hand.
"I know who you are, Cooper would talk about you a lot." She told me and I was getting angrier and angrier every second I was with her but I couldn't let it show.
"Let me give you a tour of the pack house because your family now, Cooper may be gone but your his mate and there's nothing that can change that." I told her in a soft voice then grabbed her hand and dragged her through the whole of the bottom floor then stopped at a door. "Ok close your eyes, this room is special."
"Ok." She nodded and closed her eyes. I opened the door then led her down the steps, down a hallway, round a corner and into a room.
"Ok we're here just sit down right here." I placed her down on a chair and started chaining her in. Her eyes shot open and her eyes went wide as she saw what I was doing.
"What are you doing?" She screamed and started struggling.
"Do you really think I'm stupid! You bitch!" I screamed back, letting all my anger out.
"What are you talking about?"
"Cooper already had a mate back home then you come here and claim to be his mate! Well guess what I'm going to have fun torturing then killing you." I laughed an evil laugh. I then stood up straight and left her there chained up after locking the door so no one could get in or out.
I sat in the living room for another hour when Chad, Sam, Amy, Danny and a few other pack members walked in.
Chad came over and sat next to me and I snuggled up against him.
"Why don't you go lie down." He told me in a soft voice. I shook my head, no.
"I don't want to, I can't sleep and when I do manage to get to sleep I have a nightmare." I told him snuggling into his shoulder. "It's only when I have someone with me that I'm fine."
"Well go to sleep now Libbs, I'll stay here whilst you sleep," he told me softly.
"Are you sure?" I asked, I knew he would be busy with pack stuff. He nodded so I fell asleep.
I woke up to pounding on the pack house door. I was still laying on Chad who had also fallen asleep. I got up and looked at the clock to see that it was four in the morning. Who on earth would be knocking at the door at this time in the morning?
I opened the door to see Emma with a tear stained face. She stormed past me and up the stairs. I looked up there confused as to what's going on and went back to the living room where Chad was fast asleep. I went over and snuggled back up to him, he was always a heavy sleeper. I fell back to sleep.
When I woke up I was no longer in the living room, I was in my bedroom. It was now seven in the morning and I knew I wouldn't be able to fall asleep again so I got up, did my normal morning routine and decided to go for a run. As I was walking down the hallway I could hear shouting coming from the room down the hall. I think that's Coles room, I thought to myself. When I stepped outside I took in my surroundings when something or should I say someone blocked my sight.
"Morning." Derek greeted with a smile.
"Morning." I smiled back.
"You going for a run?" He asked and I nodded. "Mind if I join?" He asked.
"No I don't mind." And with that I took off jogging with Derek at my side. We talked about random stuff and what my life was like when I joined Chads pack.
"Well I'm glad that they treated you right." He looked to the floor.
"Yes, they did and they're my family now."
"What are you going to do when you've finished training us? Are you staying?" He asked with what seemed like hope in his voice.
"No, I'll be leaving with my pack." I told him in a serious voice.
"But you belong in this pack, you're our Luna." With that my face hardened.
"I am not your Luna and I never will be. Cole rejected me remember and he rubbed it in my face when he was sleeping with that whore Emma!" I growled. "And if you haven't forgotten I have a boyfriend." As soon as I'd finished talking I started to run back to the pack house. Derek tried running after me but that just made me run faster.
When I got back I went straight up to my room and took a shower. When I was finished I got out and wrapped a towel around myself and put on some grey joggers and a jumper. I was just about to do some homework when Chad called me from downstairs so I made my way down there.
When I got to the bottom Chad and a few pack members were there but Chad was hugging someone.
"What do you want Chad?" I asked bored, I wasn't really in the best mood at the moment.
"We'll what a lovely way to be greeted." A voice came from the front door. I turned around to see who was there and my mood instantly changed when I saw who it was.
"Uncle Kevin!" I screamed as I ran and hugged him. He wasn't my actual uncle but he's always been there for me when I first joined Chads pack. He was actually Chads father but he's been away with Chads cousin Logan to train him to become the next Beta of the pack. Even though Chad's practically my brother Kevin doesn't mind that I call him uncle instead of dad, I have well had a dad and no one will ever replace him and Kevin understands that. Now back to Logan, he was only young when Collin, the old Beta was killed and he didn't have any children to pass down his role to so Kevin and Chad decided to pass it to Logan but he had to be taken to train and he was only fourteen at the time and he should be seventeen now. Chads had to take care of the pack by himself with the help of Kevin whenever Chad needed it. They've also been to visit every few months and when they did I would have a few training sessions with Logan because I'm the pack warrior. Cooper used to do it too but it looks like he won't anymore. Just thinking about Cooper made me feel depressed and Kevin noticed.
"What's wrong?" He asked concerned.
"Just thinking about old times." I answered looking down.
"Oh baby girl I know and things will get better, I promise." He hugged me again. I promised myself I wouldn't cry and I'm not. Wait if Kevin's here then Logan must be here too. I turned around to see Logan standing there.
"Logan!" I screamed then hugged him. "It's so good to see you again." I pulled away, turned to Chad and punched him in the shoulder.
"Ow! What was that for?" He whined.
"Why didn't you tell me they were coming?" I glared at him and Kevin started laughing.
"Haven't changed one bit Libbs," he smiled and put his arm around my shoulder and led me into the living room with everyone else following close behind. We all sat down on the sofas.
"So I was thinking that tomorrow Logan could join your training session and tomorrow night we'll finally declare him as the packs Beta." Chad smiled. Logan had the biggest smile on his face whilst I was jumping in excitement.
"I can't wait to kick your ass." I ruffled his hair.
"I don't think so Libbs, I almost beat you last time and I've been training so much that I'll be the one kicking your ass." He smirked.
"We'll see, I've been teaching myself some stuff and I always train in the morning and in the evening everyday." I smirked back.
"Yes we will see, I'm pretty certain I'll win this time." He pulled me to his side and started messing up my hair when there was a grown from the doorway. Cole stormed in, grabbed Logan and pulled him to his feet.
"Don't touch my mate, she's mine!" He growled in Logan's face. Chad got up out his seat and stood in front of Logan.
"You will not speak to my Beta like that. We didn't have to train your pack, we could've just left you all to die but we didn't. If you speak to him like that again then we will pack up our stuff and leave. No one will disrespect any of my pack members. Am I clear?" He growled at Cole and He growled back. No Alpha likes to be spoken to like that. "Am I clear!" Chad growled even louder.
"Yes!" With that Cole stormed out the room.
"What a dick." Logan laughed and sat back down.
We talked for a few hours but it was getting late so we all got up to go to bed.
"Mate." Logan growled happily then went into the kitchen. Aw I'm so happy for him but I want to know who it is so we all followed him into the kitchen then I'd have to leave to visit our little friend in the basement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am so sorry for the late update, I really am but I had writers block then when I did finally know what to write my computer broke. I've been on holiday, I've been very busy and I had a nasty fall and had to be taken to hospital. I'm really sorry. I don't know how long this chapter is because I had to write it on my iPod and I'm sorry for any mistakes, I couldn't edit it properly.
Promotions:
rejunea09 - Second Chance
helloalley - Armor
- Trying
Wild_Love - Half Of Me
Crystaljc - A Painful Rejection (one of my fave books)
- Life After You
And remember I only respond to requests if you send them to me in a private message otherwise I'll easily forget about it.