Orion

Sahara had never expected things in the city to become like this the further in she went. While she had seen many boarders at the moonlight gathering, this was different. There were stands all around, lights lit up the streets, teens ran around, selling things, laughing, and boarding in various dangerous ways. It was like one large party with violence mixed into it.

To her horror, Sahara saw at least three fights break out. If it was between crews or just disagreeing teens, she wasn't sure. However, they were really going at each other with their fists.

Neither the twins, nor Alegra, seemed in the least bit bothered. They just continued boarding, going further into the city. Sahara followed, trying to not herself get distracted by all the happenings around her. It was getting harder to avoid people when the twins finally pulled to a stop and hopped off their boards.

"What do you think?" Reagan asked Sahara with a grin. He had to yell to be heard over the noise.

"There's...a lot of people," Sahara replied as she looked around in awe.

"You could say that," Arden agreed. "But you should go to the city center one day. Now that's a lot of people."

"No funny business either," Reagan added. "Rayne's got things pretty under control there. A lot more things are still functioning there, technology wise."

"So," Alegra was looking around casually. "What's the plan?"

Arden and Reagan look at each other.

"I mean, I'm sure you don't want to just grab some random person." She paused as she shot a glare at a group of guys who whistled at her. They laughed at her reaction.

"Well...we could just ask around," Arden suggested.

Alegra snorted.

Sahara got off her board.

"That's how we joined," Reagan told Alegra.

"Whatever," Alegra walked towards another group of guys.

"Where are you going?" Arden called after her.

Alegra turned her head to glance over her shoulder. "You want to find someone? Fine, do it your way. I'll try it my way. Let's see who wins."

Reagan and Arden glanced at each other.

"A competition!" they said at the same time looking equally excited.

"Let's win this," Arden told his brother. They high fived before dashing off towards a group of teens.

"Um..." Sahara tried. However, it seemed like they had forgotten her. Helplessly, she turned. She was just in time to see Alegra had approached the guys. She seemed to be flirting with them. From where she stood, Sahara witnessed the girl getting particular close to one guy. While he was completely concentrating on her, Sahara saw Alegra reach into his pocket and pull out some object. She slipped it into her own without any of the guys noticing.

Sahara shook her head. Looks like she's still at it. She turned to see that the twins had disappeared completely.

With a sigh, Sahara decided she would try to be helpful by looking around for someone too. She switched off her board and tucked it under one arm before walking out from the middle of the path where boarders were zooming through constantly.

She paused by a stand, staring in surprise as the 3D images of animals. A miniature golden retriever was looking right at her and wagging its tail playfully. When Sahara moved, his eyes followed her.

"Interested?" a guy asked as he realized Sahara was showing attention to the objects. "If you're looking for a pet, these are the best on the market." He picked up the small bracelet from which the golden retriever's hologram was coming. "He likes you," he commented.