Chapter 4.

Emmerich's P.O.V

Hogwarts becomes nearly empty, except for a few people. I make my way to the dinner hall, to meet up with Annie.

I obey Draco's orders and keep my eye open for Potter. I need to have an excuse to talk to him, that's the only way I'll be able to figure out what he's up to.

The Dining Hall has people scattered all over, rarely sitting next to another person. My footsteps sound immensely loud in the silent room. I spot my brown-haired sister seated at the Ravenclaw table. She's got on a sweater that mother sent us last year.

"Are you writing Mom and Dad?" I ask, sitting beside her. I try to keep my voice down, but it still echos through the hall. Annie looks around, a little embarrassed.

"Obviously," She snorts, "What are you doing here? None of your 'friends' are staying here for the holidays?" She asks, putting air quotes around the word 'friends'.

She hates all of my friends; Draco and Alice specifically. She doesn't think I fit in with them. She believes I can do better than people like that. I know her worst fear is that they'll turn me into a Death Eater, which is ridiculous. Not even Draco's that evil to work for 'He-who-must-not-be-named'.

"Nope, lucky you,  I'm all yours for the whole week," I smile, just to get under her skin. I watch her roll her eyes.

On the other side of the Dining Hall, the scar-faced Gryffindor walks in and takes a seat beside another Gryffindor boy, making conversation.

"Great, the all-mighty Potter is here for break.." Annie mutters under her breath.

I slightly snicker and smile. At least she hasn't let her Ravenclaw friends brainwash her into putting the irritating boy high on a pedestal, along with majority of the students here.

"Must be for a reason, too." I say, planting suspicion in her head. I see her eye him up, her brain working at a fast pace.

                                                                           Alice's P.O.V

A gasp leaves my throat, but I swallow it down quickly, through fear. My knees knock together and my fingers tremble. I try to hide it, but I can hear my uneven breathing. I walk closely beside Draco, trying to keep my head held high.

"She's a rather pretty one, isn't she?" A woman, with untamed brown hair, speaks, eying me up, absorbing every inch of my body. A chill runs across my spine.

Draco takes a seat beside his father and I take a seat beside him, sitting beside a serious-looking blond man. The man watches Draco and I carefully.

"Lucius," He speaks up. My body tenses up at the graspiness of his his voice. I know better thank to look away from him. I'm forced to stare at his face; his slits for nostrils; his beady eyes; his serpent-like features. Lord Voldemort.

"Yes, your Lordship," Lucius nods, getting to his feet.

"Master, Narcissa and I have discussed and we believe Draco has what it takes to be a strong, loyal follower. He's shown great promise and has been receiving extra guidance from Severus at school." He continues on, gesturing to Draco.

Draco clenches his jaw and keeps a serious and heavy expression welded on his face. A realization hits me. Draco knew what this dinner was for, but he neglected to tell me. I knew his parents were strong supporters of the Dark Lord, but I had no idea they were Death Eaters.