Chapter 3

>(O.o)>|} --> ^(ToT)^ hehe i love this. i think its really funny! <3 ^o^ anyway.........

Hey guys! sorry i havent written another chapter in a while. i had exams and my summer officially began only a month ago and i have to say i kinda got a little carried away. haha, well anyway i want to say from the bottom of my heart, dont care if that sounds corny or not, that i love all of you who read my story! <3 its just such a great feeling that there are actually people reading and liking what im writing! :D so again, please please comment even if its just hate comments because that makes me realize what i might be doing wrong. also for people who comment can you tell me honestly what you think of adrian's pov because i feel that its weak maybe you guys can help me out. ive never written from a guys pov before and since im a girl i dont know what guys think about soo...yea....if you can leave a comment about that. again thank you all soooooo much!!!! <3

Chapter 3

Wake up sweetheart.”

No, mommy. I want to sleep more.”

You can't honey. You have to wake up..........wake up............wake u-”

Cautiously, I opened one eye. As I tried to stand, pain hit me. I huddled into fetal position, attempting not to move until the pain subsided. I struggled to remember what happened, but all I got was a huge headache. Slowly, I managed to stand up and walk or should I say limp over to my bathroom. When I turned on the lights I gasped. I was black and blue all over. Even my face, which he was always careful not to hit. Examining my bruises I began to recollect my memory as to how I got each. I wouldn't be surprised if someone mistook me for a smurf. Exiting the bathroom, I glanced at the clock. It was 1:47pm. I dryly chuckled. Guess I wasn't going to school then. I heard a creak downstairs and immediately froze. Soundlessly, I jumped over to my window and saw only my car in the driveway. Calmly, I went over to my mother's body and began to drag her down the stairs. The funeral home was going to pick her up in about an hour. Once I got her to the front door, I remembered that I threw my duffel bag out the window last night. Covering myself up with a jacket, I ventured outside to retrieve my bag. The cold crisp air of late winter nipped at my nose. Once I grabbed my bag, I admired the tree beside my window. I always loved the outdoors. I felt free outside. Challenging myself, I began to climb up it with my 15lb bag on my back. If I got used to climbing maybe I wouldn't hesitate next time. I knew it was a lie but I needed something else to believe than the truth. In a record time of 2 minutes, I found myself gazing into my bedroom window. I opened the window and with one leap, hurled my body through the window. Luckily I was close enough that I landed right onto my bed. I was breathing heavily from the adrenaline that pumped throughout my body. Laying on my bed, I began to giggle, but instead it came out as a hoarse laugh. I wonder what the neighbors thought of me? They never see me go outside and now all of a sudden I'm climbing trees.

After calming down, I hid my duffel bag into its original space and checked on the time. It was 2:31. I let out a sigh, half an hour more. Out of nowhere, my stomach growled ferociously. Walking into the kitchen I debated what to make myself for breakfas-lunch? Brunch sounded right. I decided a simple sandwich would be good. Absentmindedly, I chewed on my cheddar cheese and ham sandwich. When I heard a car pull up in our driveway, my muscles tensed again. I looked to the clock. 2:49. I ran to the front door with lightning speed and checked through the window. In the driveway was a van with big black letters that said “Montgomery Funeral Home.” I opened the door for the two men who came to pick up my mother.