Voiceless • Chapter Three

***

Dedicated to @autumnwonders because she’s one of my best friends online :) We met in another website and we seriously have the same favorite singer :3 Also, check out her story “Frozen Hearts”. I’m ready it and I’m seriously hooked with that story! You won’t be disappointed, I promise! :)

Image of Jay and music video of "Titanium" to the right (Multimedia Section) -->

P.S.: I DO NOT OWN CANON!!!!

[EDITED - 5/18/2013]

***

Voiceless • Chapter Three

You shoot me down,
But I can’t hear a word you say
Talking loud, not saying much

It’s been two days since I’ve met Vanessa, and my whole body’s itching to meet her again. I’ve never met or talked to someone my age at all. I’m always locked up in this house, just like Rapunzel and her tower. I never liked being locked up in places. It feels like the walls are squishing into me, moving forward to squeeze me second by second, and it creeps me out. But my mother is overprotective about me going outside all the time. I once asked her what’s the problem of someone mute going outside, but she just said, “You wouldn’t understand”.

   So I ended up playing Titanium in the living room, waiting for my fingers to bleed before I can figure out what I can do next. Experiencing things like this, I wonder why Rapunzel never got bored in her tower. Or maybe the author of that story just forgot to mention that. Poor Rapunzel.

    But at least she got her happily ever after.

   The sound of the front door opening and closing made me stop. I turned my head to see Jo and another person walk in. I cocked my head confusedly while I examined the features of the man walking behind Jo. He had straight, black hair and pale skin. I couldn’t see his eyes very clearly because some of his bangs were hiding it, and he was looking down like he was shy or something. But I could tell that he’s wearing glasses.

   When Jo finally fixed her gaze towards me, I pointed to the man behind her.

   “Oh,” She said, her eyes lighting up immediately, somehow realizing that she forgot something. “right! This is Jay Heywood.”

   “Jay Heywood?!” Trisha’s voice boomed from the stairs, and I could hear her feet run downwards. Finally, she appeared in the living room with a surprised expression plastered on her face. “You mean you’re our new neighbor, right? The one who talked to me a few days ago?” Jay turned his head to face my older sister. I saw him nod, and I could tell that my sister was stopping her urge to hug him. Typical older sister. Even though we’re sisters, I have to admit that she acts like an immature lady.

   Jo looked from me, to Jay, to Trisha, then back again, until she finally said, “I’m going to get… uh… drinks.” I watched Jo walk away, listening to her loud footsteps fade away into the kitchen. And then I heard to women talking. Mom’s probably in there. She’s always been in the house for a while… The hospital’s never called her for important matters. Last year, mom’s almost always in the hospital, taking care of her patients. I sometimes wonder why mom ever chose to be a doctor. I’ve never asked the question even once. Well, maybe I did, but I probably forgot her answer.

   I know I won’t be a doctor when I finally apply for a job. If I ever find someone who wants to take me in, anyway.

   I found Trisha texting again, and continue running back upstairs while her eyes are still fixated on her phone. She’s used to doing that almost every day. I mostly see her texting Beck. At least she finds her phone useful. I barely even touch my own phone.