Chapter one.

This is my new story called 'Powers of the Unknown'.

The first chapter is long and I hope to keep it like that with the other chapters, too. Long, exciting; interesting.

I hope you enjoy chapter one.

~ R.

[Chapter one]:

Like every other day, I woke up at 6:30AM with my alarm clock screeching and rattling for me to wake up. Still sleepy and once again regretful for not sleeping early.

Last night I tried again, tried to see if I could make anything happen. And just like the other times: nothing happened. Feeling disappointed was another daily emotion. I felt like a disappointment to my family and myself. I hadn't mastered anything and because of that I was dropped like I was useless.

Wasn't I, though?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---- ---- ---- ----

Everyone was awake and ready, Chloe was down first and then followed a grumpy Darren who was still dressed in nothing but his boxers. No one in the family minded believe it or not.

Chloe was the eldest sibling, she possessed brown curls that lied perfectly unprovoked on her shoulders and bright blue eyes that never caught any sight of darkness. She was slim, curvy and tall. She never boasted about her looks or tried to emphasis on them like some of the girls that hung around her do.

She was a book nerd but her looks gave her that charm that nobody could pick on or try downgrade.

Chloe had the power to aquire knowledge from anything she touched, including its past.

Darren, the second eldest and the jock of the family, possessing fairly dark brown hair that was slit and casted a fair amount to the right. He was cocky but not a jerk. Loud, annoying at times and is admired because of his broad chest. Well, that's what I've been told.

Darren had the power to move things with his mind or by calling upon it. How do you think he wins most of his games, huh?

Nina was the fourth sibling in our family, straight after me. She's a sweet girl with really dirty blonde hair and a pair of blue eyes to match, much like Chloe's and Darren's. But she was also easily influenced by her friends. She was dependant on make-up and mini-skirts, just like her friends. She ate very little but maintained a curvy figure. Her body would store the food she ate.

Nina had the power to foresee what has yet to happen. If not uttered through her words, it would be shown through her drawings. She was quite the artist.

Cole, the youngest brother but not the youngest sibling, was much like Chloe and Darren. Smart, knowledgeable and an athlete. Had brown hair that was slicked back and eyes that were the same shade of blue like Chloe and Darren. Cocky, sometimes a jerk. It's like a reflex whenever someone tried to get close to him. If you weren't family, you weren't much to talk to or even look at. He's been like that ever since Dad died. But underneath that rocky exterior, lied a boy who didn't enjoy seeing someone hurt. He was rough around the edges but if someone needed help, he was always there to aid them.

Cole had the power to heal anything. Whether it was a scar or the darkness within your soul. Purify you in ways you could never imagine. The irony.

And finally, Amber, the youngest sibling in our big family. Like me, she had pure gold eyes and blonde hair that was literally kissed by the sun. People use to bet on their lives that we dyed/highlighted our hair, but as time passed they got over it and moved on. However, for a girl her age, she was still admired for it. She became popular for her unusual features, just like I was when I was her age.