Insurmountable Chapter 9

A/N: Hey guys! From now on, my author's note will be italicized. Anyways, See that cool cover on the side?It was made by AMLemonsofficial! Thank you very much! I think its really REALLY cool but I dunno if I should change my original cover. Should I? I really want to because the cover AMLemonsofficial made is totally wicked :D Should I? Or should I not?

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Vote, Comment, Fan!

CHAPTER NINE

I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't. I groaned as I stretched my arms. I froze when I felt something soft and warm beneath me. My eyes fluttered open and there, I saw Jake sleeping on the couch with one arm behind his head and the other around my shoulder. I was in a position where my head was resting on his chest. 

Disgusted, I immediately pushed him away and his face comically slammed against the small glass table. Surprised, he rapidly stood up and was on high-alert.

"What? Where? Who?" He said panicking as he searched the room for any signs of threat. I rolled my eyes and got off the couch. I stared at the pajamas I was wearing. I wrinkled my nose when I remembered that it was pink and was infected with Jake germs.

"Where's Carlie?" I asked out loud.

"She left a note," Jake stated as he peeled one of the two pink post-it from the glass table. It read,

'Just went to school. Be back in the afternoon. If you need something, here's my number:'

After that came numbers which was obviously Carlie's phone number. Jake peeled the other post-it and read it.

'Jake, buy these for me, will you?

Milk, Sugar, Flour, Eggs, Bread, Onions, Tomatoes, Garlic, Fruit Loops....

I left the money in my room drawer. Thanks!

-C.'

Instantly, Jake went in Carlie's room. He came back holding out a few bills. "We're going grocery shopping!" He said in a sing-song voice.

"You're going grocery shopping. I'm staying here." I said.

"No you're not." Jake said stubbornly.

"Yes I am." I glared at him. To prove my point, I sat on the couch and turned on the television.

"Wow, you know how to open the television? I'm surprised." Jake said mockingly. I made a face at him but my attention immediately snapped to back at the screen when I heard my name.

True enough, I saw myself talking at the camera. After that, they showed a video of me fighting the military army. Suddenly Jake appeared in front of me.

"Aren't we going to the grocery?" He asked.

"Can't you see I'm trying to watch the news?" I gestured at the televison.

He sat beside me on the couch and rested his head on my lap. I tried shaking him off but his head just vibrated. I stood up and instantly, he rolled to the floor. I started chuckling which immediately turned into a laugh.

"Haha, very funny Scarlett..." he muttered. I wrapped my arms around my stomach. I can't stop laughing. His face looked so ridiculous.

Suddenly, he grabbed my wrists and leaned so that our faces were just inches away from me. I backed away from the close proximity but he held me tightly. He raised his hand to my face. I turned my head to the side and looked away from him. I felt his fingers brush against my cheeks.