Nothing In The Way Of Us

Six, five, four, the, two, one! I counted to myself, as the bell rang signaling the end of second period as well as being a reminder that it was brining me closer to seeing Jocelyn today. Although without my phone I will admit that I'm worried as to how she will recieve me. Hopefully her crazy ass won't cuss my ass out, or diss me in front of everybody.

"Bitch, why you looking like you about to throwup or some shit? Bitch I know damn well your ass ain't walking around here pregnant, and didn't tell yo number one bitch, yo bestie, yo broski?! Besides last time I time I checked you wasn't getting dicked down! Well...I didn't know you was into riding the tongue either...," Lia was saying loud as only her ghetto ass could be, while we walked to our lockers. Seeing that we were starting to attract some attention I figured it was time to finally shut her ass up.

"Lia, how many times I have to tell you I am not bitch! Besides lower your damn voice, everybody don't have to know what I do outside of school! And I'm not pregnant!," I told her.

"Then, why you looking like that for? I don't see the Wicked Bitches anywhere so I know it can't be them. Come on boo, talk to Auntie Lia," she replied leaning against her locker next to mine with her serious Tyra Banks face on. I laughed upson seeing it.

"Well you know my Mother took my phone. What if Jocelyn has tried to hit me up since yesterday? What if she thinks I'm not interested, or I'm trying to play her?," I confided to her.

"Girl, you know Joeclyn will not think about that. Especially not the way you laid it on her if them big ass smiles y'all two was sporting is anything to go by. When we see her, just talk to her explain the situation.," she assured me, I still continued to look at her doubtfully. Sighing, she rolled her eyes "Omg, do you want me to just pull her to the side and tell her for you?," she asked annoyed.

"Would you?!," I asked part begged hopefully.

"Mmm, mmm.," She mubled with a smile shaking her head, I bum rushed her into a hug. "I don't want no damn hug, I want to ge the hook up.," she continued.

"Who do you have your eye on?," I asked brightly.

"Alejandro!," She told me with confidence.

"Lia finally getting over her craving for chocolate?!," I said in mock surprise. "Damn, I never thought I would see the day," I said more to myself, shaking my head.

"Slow your road girl, I never said all that. I'm just saying ain't nothing wrong with having a little spice in your bedroom now & again," she said doing a little hip roll. "Besides I sure don't see you complaining from the spice Jocelyn been giving you, if anything I'd say you were ready for seconds."

"Shut up!," I muttered blushing, & pulling her along to class. Classes zoomed by & lunchtime was here.

Upon entering the cafeteria I didn't hesitate into search of Lia, wondering if she talked to Jocelyn yet. I spot her at her table, & make my way over. Noticing she is frantically gesturing to me, & not catching on until a body intercedes my path.

"So you can't wait to get with your friend, but can manage to avoid me?," the sexiest voice to ever grace my ears said. I felt my body instantly relax at the sound of her voice. There is no way in hell, I'm letting her think she can rattle me.

"Well Jocelyn, the only way you would know I was avoiding you was if you were persistently seeking me out. Besides, how do you I know I was even avoiding you? Maybe you just weren't able to catch me?," I suggest casually in her ear as I step around her continuing to the table, where Lia sat. Feeling her gaze on me as I walked away, I made sure to put extra sway in my hips as I walked.

"What?," I asked Lia as I sat down across from.

"Nothing," she replied laughing "I just am SERIOUSLY loving this new side of my best friend. I don't know where, she's been hiding all this time but I am loving it." I felt a body drop down into the chair beside me, and by Lia's raised brow I could already tell who it was.
"Pretty soon you'll get tired of running Ma, & when that happens I'll be right there. My arms open wide," Jocelyn makes a motion of opening her arms, "saying 'Come to Daddy'."
I calmly turn to Lila and tell her, "When that day comes, please be sure to direct me to the nearest rehab facility," I said turning back to Jocelyn "because I'll have to most definitely be on crack when that happens." I finished with a smile.
"I like a girl who knows how to play hard to get," she said eyeing me "it's sexy." She said replied giving a little head nod.
"So Lia, what's up with you?" Jocelyn said turning her attention towards her. I breathed a sigh of relaxation, that didn't go unnoticed if her glance was anything to go by.
"What'chu mean J?," she asked confused.
"I'm talking about you, & my ace Alejandro. Since you left that nigga ain't shut up once about you. You hypnotize him or something? Put a spell on him? Yo ass be looking hella exotic, & shit," she said. I couldn't help, but laugh.
"I'm dead ass serious, you never did tell me what you was mixed with?," she continued "You Creole, or some shit?" She finished looking at Lia all squinty eyed suspicious. We were to busy laughing to answer.
"Boy, I ain't did nothing to him except show him a real woman gets down. It's not my fault that he had a taste of my candy shop, & wants to come back until he hit my spot!," she cried outrageously. Jocelyn's face scrunched up in disgust.
"Now Lia, that's just nasty!!!" She replied.
"Well it's better than you believing I'm some type of Voodoo princess. Don't ask questions you don't wanna know rhe answer to. I'm White, & Black, by the way." She informed her.
"Oooh, so that explains it," Jocelyn said more to herself nodding her head.
"Explains what?" I asked, just as confused as Lia.
"White girls be the freakiest ones, especially the college ones. Ooh-wee," she said biting her lip & looking like she was going down memory lane.
"Yeah, well I'm going to go," I said rolling my eyes low key. "I need to head to the library & start this paper."
"I'll walk you there." Jocelyn stated getting up with me.
"No, really you don't have to." I said surprised. Jocelyn in the in the library is a sight I can't imagine. Does she even know where it is???
"I want to. Besides any opportunity to spend more time in your presence is a treasure well worth it." She flirted.
I did nothing but blush and duck my head as we walked out the cafeteria. Feeling the need to say something to take away from the sound of our footsteps, & the occasional teacher yelling at their students. I asked her "Jocelyn, why you always be trying to sweet talk me?"
"Sweet talk you? Girl, what you mean?" She said looking at me with an eyebrow raised.
"I don't know," I said as she opened the door for me to step into the library. Seems like she knew where it was after all. "It's just you always be saying poetic type shit to me. It makes me wonder is this a game you playing or are you trying to be someone your not to impress me?" She finished tentatively.
"For starters Ma, don't allow profanity to leave your lips in my presence again. I consider you to be a classy woman, which is why I hold you to a different standard." She said backing me into a bookcase. "Don't let these basic females fool you, because why they the main ones getting all that attention. A lot of them forget its usually because they always chasing a nigga, or seeing an easy dollar." She continued. I put my head down.
"But don't get discouraged by what they say baby girl, because whether you realize it or not you aren't like them. You may come from this hood, but baby you for damn sure weren't meant to stay in it." She said placing a finger under my chin, & raising my head back up.
"Thanks Jay, you know you have a reputation that precedes you. I don't know how much of it is fact, or fiction." I rushed out quickly, as she stepped back. "I'm sorry to say that I'm guilty of doing to you what a lot has done to me. I'm sorry for prejudging you.," I finished humbly.
"Ahh, ain't no reason for apologies shawty. If you don't know, then you don't know." She said brushing it off, like it was water.
"Good, if that's the case would you be willing to explain how you speak so eloquently at times? Or are so open to what's different from you?" I asked, still very much curious.
"Well it starts with my Grandmother," Jocelyn begins.

__________________________

A/N: Here is a long overdue update. I know it's not long. To answer the question I'm going to continue updating this book. I always finish what I start. I'm sorry for not updating regularly during the summer my family experienced a personal tragedy. Also my classes are requiring my full attention this school year, & my writing comes second. Besides just because I'm not updating for the public to read doesn't mean I'm not writing at all. Lol. The next chapter has already been started as we speak. I'm trying to decide would y'all be more interested in learning why Jocelyn is the way she is? Or letting the sexual attraction they hold for one another get the best of them. Vote, vote, vote!!! Also, comment it encourages me to keep giving them life plus I like to know how your feeling them.