The OtherSide (Chapters 6) [Vesta's Love Potion]

6

Clay's P.O.V

I don't know if I can do it.

Conscious: Oh yes you can, I know you can.

I know! I know! But look at her. Not only is it her blood, it's her lips! Damn! Why the hell do I want to kiss her. Why?!?!

Conscious: Because you lo- like her!

Yeah, that's what I thought you said. But I want to kiss her. I'm going to kiss her.

I leaned my head forward in front of her face, and I was ALMOST there. When...

Conscious: That's not right. Don't kiss her. At least not when she's sleeping.

Who are you to tell me what to do? I can kiss her if I want to you damn voice inside my head!

Conscious: Don't do it. Just trust me.

Can't I at least see what her lips feel like it?

Conscious: You can do that with your fingers. But that was still be weird, considering the fact that she's ...well I don't know SLEEPING!

Grr...Well, what does she taste like?

Conscious: Easy. Ask Vance. He'll tell you.

I hate you.

Conscious: We all know.

I starred down at her as she breathed slowly. I peered at her cheeks and little tear drop stains were left there.

I traced her lips with my finger lightly, so she doesn't wake up.

She stirred and I put my hand away so fast.

Let's just hope Tyson isn't done messing with those pillans. I told them to keep them busy, and I'll give them a favor back. Stupid hormones.

She latched her hands to my shirt, and I stopped breathing, currently because I was scared to wake her up.

"Adam..." she murmured. I tensed. Not that human boy. It better not be that human boy, or I swear to- "Kace..." Hm, who's Kace?

Maybe I should try reading her mind.

Conscious: Once again, I have to step in. Wrong. Don't do it. When she told you guys she was going look for something she didn't tell you what, for a reason.

What are you talking about?

I got no response, but I pulled her in closer, and I rested my head on hers.

"...stupid pillans!" I heard Tyson shout.

I quickly put her down carefully, and glanced at him coming this way. I kissed her on the cheek and I hurried over to him.

So how do you like that?

Conscious: Might as well throw me on the ground and kill me with that barbarian foot you got there.

Oh boohoo.

"Where's Joy?" he asked.

I shrugged. Considering the fact that I'm a vampire, I'm horrible at lying. I just kept my mouth shut, to make sure I don't say anything I'll l regret.

We heard a loud yawn come from the direction Joy was in. I shrugged, still pretending I have no clue that's her.

He walked past me and to the direction of Joy.

I was following right behind him, when something grabbed my shirt from behind. I looked back, and one of the pillans I made that deal with, pulled me towards a nearby lake.