Chapter 13: Getting myself into trouble

Friday came quicker than I expected. Harry said we'll be going out by three. So 30 minutes before three I made myself look presentable. I brushed my hair and put it in a neat ponytail and wore jeans and a plain shirt. After dressing up I went down to the Great Hall and waited for Harry.

At ten to three Harry came with Ron. "Ready?" he asked and I nodded. We all went out of the castle into the edge of the forbidden forest. "I think you two haven't officially met?" Harry asked while on the way. "Yeah, kinda." Ron muttered.

"Well Ron, this is Angelica. Angelica this is Ron"

"Hi!" I greeted him and Ron smiled at me. "So who's this friend we are visiting today?" I asked turning to Harry. "Hagrid!" he answered cheerfully. "You know the gamekeeper of Hogwarts?"
"Oh yeah, the one who led us into the castle when we got here right?" I asked and he nodded. "He's the one who helped Harry buy his school supplies at Diagon Alley!" Ron added. "Really? Did you know that Professor McGonagall was the one who accompanied me at Diagon Alley?" I told them. We had a long chat about it on the way to Hagrid's.

When we got to the edge of the forbidden forest we got to this small wooden house. Harry knocked on the door while Ron and I stayed behind him. There were ruffling sounds inside the house and a familiar voice saying: "Back Fang---Back!" Hagrid's hairy face appeared when he pulled the door open. "Hang on, back Fang!" He let us in while pulling a collar, struggling to tame the huge boarhound. Hagrid's house was small with only one room and a lot of things hanging from the ceiling including patchwork quilts.

"Make yerselves at home" Hagrid said and he let go of Fang who jumped up to Ron and licked his ears. I giggled as Ron tried to push the dog away. "This is Ron and this is Angelica." Harry introduced and I watched as Hagrid poured water over a large teapot.

"Another Weasley, eh?" Hagrid observed Ron's face. "I spent half me life chasin' yer twin brothers away from the forest."

I giggled at that and Hagrid eyes landed on me. I stopped laughing quickly, feeling a bit... scared. "I see you've met Angelica." He muttered. Harry and I exchanged glances. "You---know me?" I asked curiously. "Of course. Professor McGonagall told me all about you"

"Guess McGonagall has grown really fond of you, Angelica" Ron joked and I just shrugged. "Am I that adorable?" I laughed. Hagrid gave us some rock cakes. Take the name literally. The cake was so hard it almost broke my teeth. I just pretended I like it because I don't want to hurt Hagrid's feelings. I don't know about the other two though. Hagrid told us about our first lessons and so much. I'm starting to feel comfy around him. I used to think he's quite scary because he a giant and all but turns out he was very friendly and very funny.

Then Harry brought up Snape. Harry and I ranted about him being so strict and mean to us but Hagrid just told us not to worry about him because Snape was usually mean to everybody.

"But he seemed to really hate us." Harry said

"Really hate" I said emphasizing 'really'.

"Rubbish! Why should he?" Hagrid said. I noticed that Hagrid seemed to avoid our eyes. Harry noticed it too because we managed to look at each other, a bit confused. "How's yer brother Charlie??" Hagrid asked turning to Ron. It seemed Hagrid wanted to change the subject readily, like he doesn't want to talk about it. I just played with my fingers while he and Ron had a chat about dragons. Meanwhile Harry's eyes were glued to a piece of paper. Then he suddenly looked up looking shocked.

"Hagrid, that Gringotts break-in happened on my birthday! It might've been happening while were there!" he exclaimed.

Hagrid was now completely avoiding Harry's eyes. He just grunted and gave Harry another rock cake. I raised my eyebrows confused. "Gringotts was broken in to?" I asked and Harry nodded. "But I thought Gringotts was the safest bank in the Wizarding World?"

Harry shrugged and handed me the paper. It read:

Gringotts break-in latest:

Investigations continue into the break-in at Gringotts on 31 July, widely believed to be the work of Dark wizards or witches unknown. Gringotts goblins today insisted that nothing had been taken. The vault that was searched had in fact been emptied the same day. "But we're not telling you what was in there, so keep your noses out of you know what's good for you," said a Gringotts spokesgoblin this afternoon.

I looked up from the paper to see Harry looking at me expectantly. I handed him the paper back but he was still waiting for me to say something. "That's... odd." I said. He sighed and read the article again. That evening when we left, Harry was in deep thoughts. Why is he so bothered by this? What's the big deal? Did something happen while he was at Gringotts with Hagrid?

Our pockets were heavy since we cannot deny Hagrid's offer to give us rock cakes. But all I could think of is why Harry was so bothered and curious about the whole thing. I better ask... but not now.

****

The following week wasn't at all interesting. Unless you count: finally naming my owl 'Wibbles' interesting. I don't know why I chose Wibbles to be her name. I mean the name sounds cute and the owl is also cute so THERE! HAHA! But anyway...

This Thursday we are having Flying lessons with the other houses.

"I just wish I won't make a fool out of myself in front of Malfoy." I said one afternoon while having lunch with Katrina and Laurence. "You won't be!" Laurence encouraged but I still fear that I will. That boy is very obnoxious and he talks about flying likes he knows so much about it.

I mean, what if I got on my broom, we fly and I lost control of it? What's worst than embarrassing yourself in front of everybody? Falling a 100 feet from the air. That's definitely TERRIFYING. I bit my lip nervously and stopped eating and just proceeded to our next class alone, still bothered by getting embarrassed and falling. Sure I'm smart but that's only on academics! When it comes to sports, bloody no.

Katrina and Laurence weren't so excited about the idea of flying either to be honest. But Luigi was all excited for it. "Finally we get to know what it feels like to fly!!" he exclaimed one time when we are in the library studying. "Mr. Saunders!" Madam Pince scolded Luigi and he blushed and continued to read. I don't know but I find that very cute of him.

Speaking of library, Harry and I have been looking through books and books and books about wizarding history but none of them covered our story. These history books go way back to Merlin. "Hermione said, she read all about us. But none of the books here have any records about us." he said. I'm not losing hope. Each day we go to the library, I get every history book I find and look for the words "Potter". But still no luck.

Thursday finally came. I went to the library and borrowed Quidditch Through the Ages to get some tips about flying. Though I got some useful tips but it didn't help me lose my nervousness. That morning also, mail arrived brought to us by our owls. This wasn't the first time actually. Even on our first day owls came but I didn't get anything from Wibbles. Even now, I still got nothing.

I was expecting any news from the orphanage but... I don't think that will ever happen.

Time for flying lessons! Katrina and I held our hands tightly as we walked out. We are both so nervous about this. I might just explode. We all hurried on to the grounds of Hogwarts. Almost everybody was out there. Slytherins were all excited about it but the rest were just... nervous.

I looked everywhere and my eyes landed on Harry. He waved at me and I approached him. "Excited?" I asked when I got to him. "Hm, not really." He answered. "I don't even know if I can do this." His eyes landed on the broomstick on the ground. "Neither am I." I said. "I'm afraid I'll fall." I tried to keep the image of falling a 100 feet off my head. I shook my head and looked at Harry. "So how's your morning?" I asked trying to change the subject. "Ugh, Malfoy just ruined it." He groaned. "I don't get it with him. Why is he so mean?" I asked frowning at the blonde boy showing off in a distance. "I don't know. He thinks he's better than all of us." Harry replied.

"Pfft." I scoffed. "We can show him we're better."

He turned to look at me with a slight smile. "If we can."

Then Madam Hooch, our teacher for this class came and everyone fell silent. "Good morning class!" she said loudly. "Good Morning Madam Hooch!" we all greeted her. "Welcome to your first flying lesson" she started. "Well what are you waiting for? Everyone stand by a broom, come on hurry up!"

I walked over to a vacant spot beside Katrina where a weird, bendy, broom was. Oh my, the look of the broom is making me feel even worse. "Stick your right hand over the broom" Madam Hooch ordered. "And say UP!"

"UP!" we all said at the same time.

Then I was surprised when the broom sped up to my hand. I gripped it tightly. "Wow" I breathed out. I looked at Harry, across from me, who already had his broomstick on his hand too. He looked up at me and grinned. "Wow!" he mouthed. I shrugged smiling.

Harry and I were the only people who got their brooms easily. Everyone was struggling. Hermione's broom was rolling on the ground, Ron's broom was just jumping, Katrina's broom barely even moved. "Speak clearly" I whispered to her. She nodded and said:"up" clearly and her broom jumped up to her hand.

Ron was getting impatient with his broom. "UP!" He bellowed irritated and his broom jumped up but instead of going up on his hand, his broom hit his face instead. Harry and I snickered at him. "Shut up, Potters." Ron said gripping his nose.

When everyone got their brooms, Madam Hooch showed us how to mount our brooms. We all did what she was doing and she went around correcting us. "Professor, am I doing it right?" Malfoy bragged. "My father thought me how to fly at a young age. I've been learning to fly for years!" I rolled my eyes. If he's trying to impress people, he's failing.

"Well Mr. Malfoy, I pity you because you've been doing it wrong for years." Madam Hooch told him. I caught Harry's eye and giggled. "Now, when I blow my whistle, you kick off from the ground, hard." Madam Hooch instructed us. "Keep your brooms steady, rise a few feet, and then come straight back down by leaning forward slightly."

Okay here goes nothing!

"On my whistle...three---two---"

But a student from Gryffindor, who I was told is named Neville, jumped off hard before Madam Hooch blew her whistle. He must be every nervous and jumpy. Neville was rising up, 12 feet...20 feet...

"Come back here, boy!!" Madam Hooch yelled. Then just as I feared, I watched as Neville fell off from his broom, down, down, down and BOOM--- Neville hits the ground facedown. Madam Hooch approached Neville, bent down to look at him. Her face was pale white, almost as white as Neville's. She got him up and looked at all off us. "None of you is to move while I take this boy to the hospital wing! You leave those brooms where they are or you'll be out of Hogwarts before you can say 'Quidditch'." She went off and carried Neville to the hospital leaving us all muttering. When they were gone, Malfoy burst out laughing. "Did you see his face?" he said and the Slytherins laughed with him.

"Shut up, Malfoy!" I scolded him my hands balled into a fist. One more obnoxious word out of him and I'll do to him what I did to Avery. "Sticking up for Longbottom are we?" A girl from Slytherin said. I whipped my head around to look at the new speaker. "I never thought Potter would be crushing on a fat cry baby like him!" "Look!" Malfoy suddenly said catching our attention. "It's that stupid thing Longbottom's gran sent him." He held up some kind of glass ball, and it glittered as he held it up.

"Give it here Malfoy" Harry said. I turned to look at him; everyone quieted and watch the other two.

"No." Malfoy smirked. "I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find" he mounted on his broom and flew off. "How about on the roof?" he yelled. Harry started to mount on his broom to go after Malfoy but Hermione stopped him. "Harry no way! You heard what Madam Hooch said. Besides you don't even know how to fly!" but Harry didn't listen he flew off after Malfoy.

"What an idiot." I heard Hermione mutter. I watched as Harry soared up to the sky. The wind was dancing around him and the look on his face tells me he loves the feeling. He pulled up his broomstick to take it even higher. The girls here were screaming and gasping, and admiring him but all I could think of is worry that he'll fall. Harry turned his broom sharply to face Malfoy. The look on Malfoy's face was hilarious! His stunned face was... oh gosh. I can see Harry yelling at him. Malfoy sneered at him. Harry leaned toward Malfoy and my heart nearly stopped beating. Malfoy just got out of the way in time. I bit my lip as I watched them. I am so scared right now. Please don't let Harry fall. Please. Some of the students are clapping for Harry. I have the urge to fly after him but what if I fell? I gripped my broom tightly in my hands as I argued with myself if I should go after him or not. Should I? Should I? SHOULD I???!

I followed my instincts. I mounted on my broom and before anybody could stop me. I flew off.

(A/N: FINALLY I UPDATED! SORRY IF IT TOOK SO LONG. I was reading Maximum Ride and I was planning for my crush's bday and there's Mother's Day... xD SO basically I've been busy this week. Sorry for that but I hope you like this chapter :))) does it suck? I feel like the ending sucks. xD BUT GO GO GO ANGELICA!!!! and do you like Angelica's owl's name? xD WIBBLES! XD)