Revenge, It's Bittersweet / Two

TWO: Cofee Shop

Jenni was being dragged by Veronica to a table at the local coffee shop. Jenni flinched seeing Him at the table, his arm around some unlucky blonde girl - most likely his newest prey - and was talking to another popular guy. Except this guy was the Guitar Dude of their school, Maxx Coole. Maxx. Two 'x's, or it's the wrong guy. Veronica sat down next to the blonde girl in the booth, and Jenni Maxx.

"I remember when you and Trish were in swapped spots," Maxx whispered in her ear before saying louder, "Heey, Ronnie."

"I do hope you did not try to get her in the bathroom," Veronica said completely seious.

"Scout's honor," Maxx promised.

Jenni's eyes flicked to Him, just to see that He was sucking faces with the blonde girl. Anger, jelousy, lonliness, and disgust washed over her. She stuck to only showing disgust. She couldn't let ANYBODY know she still wanted him. That'd get her nowhere. Besides....his other rejects who still wanted him were always always ALWAYS assumed to be whores, and that was the last thing she ever wanted. She always was criticizing whores, and she didn't need others to call her out on it. No need to be a hypocrite publically; hell, she already was, but not everybody KNEW so. Just the girls she thought to be her close friends. The ones who abanded her the second they learnt she slept with Him.

He ruined her life, and despite how much much she lusted after him, she was determined to get even. Maybe staying friends with Veronica was a good idea afterall. . . She very well could use that to her advantage. . .

"-----okay? Are you even listening, babe?" Veronica asked, looking at Jenni curiously.

"Huh?" she asked.

"You look a bit gree------can you hear their saliva, too?" she asked, horrorfied.

Jenni was close to them. . . Just not as close as Veronica. She couldn't hear what Veronica was hearing. She was thankful, but grossed out, and felt sympathy towards Veronica and Maxx - they were closest.

"No. Thank god! It's just...ew. It looks like she's trying to shove his head in her mouth," Jenni said lying about why she looked green, but the picture itself really DID look like that. . .

"She's right," Maxx said, before gagging.

A waitress came over, frowning.

"What can I get for you guys?" she asked, politely.

"Two mochas, one right and one regular, a caramel frap with extra caramel, a caramel mocchiato, and a soy latte," Veronica said, ordering for everybody.

The waitress wrote it all down, then left. Maxx looked confused at how she knew the order.

"She said she wanted one, he gets that everytime, and said you did too, she gets that everytime, and I'm lactose intolerent," she said innocently.

"How do you know Traitor anyways?" Maxx asked. "On the first day, he hugged you. He RARELY hugs chicks in public."

"In Chicago, Traitor lived next-door to me, and Jenni here lived across the street. . ." Veronica said. "And, yeah. . ."

"Isn't it odd that you all moved here?" Maxx asked.

"Yeah," Veronica lied. Jenni could tell that she was lying. And hiding something.

"Just tell him, RonRon. He won't tell nobody," Traitor said, then looking at me. "And she doesn't have anybody to tell....That's why your names sounded familiar? Like REALLY familiar?"

"Your fault," Maxx saved.

"Whaa?" Veronica asked.

The waitress came back, and Jenni was thankful. The first time she had been GLAD Veronica wasn't answered. She'd rather not have it thrown in her face. Maxx sat on top of Jenni, then stood up, pushed her over, and sat where she was JUST sitting. Jenni laughed. What just happened....? He pulled the waitresses hair, who happened to look suspiciously like him.

"Holy shit, Maxx, you scared me!" she said.

"Tell Carter we switched phones. He keeps on blowing mine up," he said, holding out a blinking phone.

She grimaced, and took the phone before walking away. He looked at Jenni, and she grabbed her macchiato, not looking at him. She knew she's blush, and wouldn't control what she did or said. She NEEDED to stay in control, and his intense gaze wasn't helping. She could already feel the heat going to her cheeks, and she wasn't even LOOKING! This...this was bad.

"You didn't answer my question," He said.

"It was pointless. Answer was already in the air," she said bitterly.

"What is this? VMK? Club Penguin? Words don't float," He asked sarcastically.

"You know what I mean," she muttered, sending him a glare.

He shrugged, and blondie draped herself on him, trying to get his attention, but He didn't give it. "So I used to live near you? And you lived in Chicago with me?"

"Are dads are business partners, too," Jenni shrugged, trying to act cool, like He didn't affect her as much as He did.

"Wait, wait, wait, whaat? I know THAT Jennifer for sure. You don't act like her, and you kind od don't look like her," He said, stupidly.

"Act?" Jenni asked, raising an eye brow, amused. "Look?"

"She always gave me the cold shoulder, never sparing me a second look, and I KNOW I've screwed you. And her eyes are a different color," He said.

"My eyes turn colors depending what I'm wearing and my mood. And I was DRUNK when I screwed you," Jenni said. "But if I remember correctly, you weren't."

Veronica's eyes widened. Maxx looked surprised as well.

"I'm out of here. . . I'll see you at school, Nicky. Bye," Jenni muttered.

Maxx was sitting up when He spoke again, "Yet you were COMPLETELY sober when you fucked my brother."

Jenni froze, before spinning around completely. For the first time in a while, she didn't get ANY chemical or emotional reaction while looking at him besides hate. She glared at him with such hate, he flinched.

"You can't let that go, can you? Or can you not stand being outnumbered by your brother in how many girls you've one-night standed, so you HAVE to outnumber him? Is that why you're like this now, Traitor? I used to know a great kid, all I see now is some one who sickens me to the core," she snapped.

"You don't even deny how YOU one-nighted him - or me and Boone for that matter. You sure are pne to talk, breaking his heart, AND Boone's," he said.

"Three. Compared to basically EVERY girl at our school, and half of them at Jamison. Along with a fourth from Chicago," Jenni glared harder.

"So you accepted it," He laughed. "Looks like you REALLY aren't as perfect as your dad says you are. What would he do for a wake-up call? How diappointed he'd be...."

"And you're even worse then how bad your dad complains about. I wonder how he'd react if I slipped something about Devin. . ." Jenni said.

He froze. Jenni looked at him, daring him to say anything.

"You said you were leaving, not causing a scene," blondie spoke up.

"I'm afraid your mother would take it the hardest. She's not even Jewish, I won't forget to add THAT in," Jenni said with a sickly sweet smile.

"Y-you WOULDN'T," he stuttered.

"Oh, trust me, I would. I'm not afraid to actually cause a scene at dinner next week," Jenni threatened, the anger lessening, it wouldn't last forever.

"Oh, God, no," he muttered, looking incredibly scared at her blackmail.

"Three against ALL that, Traitor. ALL that," she said before turning and walking away.

_________________________________________________________________

Did I lay it on too thick?

I'm trying to get it to a certain point.

I've NEVER written something like this before. . .

So excuse me. I know I suck at writing.