Chapter 24

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 24

~Lexis P.O.V.~
~Wednesday~
~December 18th~

It's been a long grueling month since Nelle has been in her coma. Doctor's never said when she's wake up but I've gone to visit her every single day. I always go right before school and then come right back when school was over. Not much progress has been made but she looks a little more lively than dead.

"Good Morning Lexis, coming to see Chanelle again?" Nurse Lindsey asked. I loved this nurse, she was the sweetest one and would always tell me if any progress was made with Nelle.

"You know it, I love coming to talk to her. I know she hears every word I say." I said back with nothing but a big smile on my face.

"I know she does too." She smiled to return the gesture before getting back to her nurse duties and walking off into another patient's room.

I continued walking down the hall to Nelle's room. I opened her door and there she was. Nurse Lindsey always takes such good care of her. She was all cleaned up and most of her cuts and bruises have healed.

"Hey Ma." I said as I kissed her cheek. She looked amazing. Her hair was put up in a neat bun and she looked so peaceful. "I miss you too much to even properly explain. School is hella boring without you. You wouldn't believe how many females have literally thrown themselves at me because they think you and I split; Its actually kinda funny. Lil' Nicole has been walkin' around like there was no tomorrow. She is even starting to mumble a few words. It sounds like she's trying to say "Faddy" and its just so adorable."

I was actually starting to tear up a little bit. I wished Nelle was awake and here to see all of this. She would have been so happy to see Nicole doin' all this, be able to have the freedom to do what she loves, and most importantly; be right by my side.

"Well Ma, I wish I could stay longer but I got to get to school. Please Nelle. I know you can hear me can you please squeeze my hand to let me know you're there."

I reached over and grabbed her hand. I sat there waiting for even just the slightest bit of movement to let me know she was actually listening to everything.

"Nelle please. All you need to do is squeeze my hand or even just move a finger. Just some kind of movement."

~Nelle P.O.V.~

"Nelle please. All you need to do is squeeze my hand or even just move a finger. Just some kind of movement." I could hear the hurt and sadness in his voice as he said spoke,

I have been hearing him talk every day. It makes me feel so much more alive when I hear his lyrical voice. I only want to hear his voice. My Mom came by and so did everyone else. Riley doesn't know everything that happened; The guys decided not to tell her so it wouldn't freak out. All she knows is I'm in the hospital for some other reason than what actually happened, at least that's what I overheard Arlie talking about with Lexis when they both came to visit.

All I could see was darkness. I could feel and hear people but all my other senses were completely cut off. I tried everyday to try to squeeze his hand but I just couldn't.

~Lexis P.O.V.~

She didn't even flinch or anything. I wanted to stay much longer but I had to get to school before I'd end up too late.

"Alright Ma, We'll try again after school. I'm not gonna give up." I kissed her soft cheeks and grabbed my backpack before I started walking out of the room.