December Chapter 1 (Succubus Teen Romance)

Start from the beginning

"As I was saying, today we will be talking about Jane Austen and her-"

I drowned out Mr. Edwards's monotone voice as I took in the entire classroom. It was odd that I wouldn't have noticed this powerful energy in my English class before. I met the stare of a familiar face and smiled warmly. Josh Yates had lusted over me since the day he began noticing girls. He was extremely shallow and had dated every decent-looking girl in the entire school, including myself. I had ended things when I realized that I could never have a normal relationship with a human male.

Nevertheless, Josh was very cute and had become almost obsessed with me while we were dating. He played on the football team and could get every girl at the school, except for me. I think my unavailability made myself irresistible in his eyes. I still tried to remain cordial with him, but I usually just avoided him.

I looked away when I was sure Josh wasn't the source of the energy. The boy behind him caught my eye. He was watching the teacher intently, but this wasn't the only off thing about him. I was positive that I had never seen him before, but what was more was the fact that his skin was practically glowing. As I concentrated on him, the waves of energy came back as relentless as ever.

I couldn't help the little "Oh" that escaped my lips. As if he could hear me, the mystery boy glanced over at me and looked a little surprise to find me staring back. Normally I would have looked away, embarrassed by the fact that I'd been caught staring at a complete stranger. However, I found myself doing the complete opposite as he gave me a long, hard look before turning back to the front of the room.

His blond hair was a few shades darker then my own. His eyes had been dark and calculating, though they had also been heated as they stared at me. It was safe to say that he was dangerous, if not to my own health then to his own. He couldn't afford for me to find him interesting, because if I had it my way he'd be dead.

With that last thought, I vowed right there to stay away from him at all costs. Actually, that isn't true. I vowed to not find him interesting, but to do that I'd have to get to know him and figure out who he is. Yes, I decided, the only way I could stay away from him was if I became bored. If I made him unavailable, I'd just become another "Josh" obsessing over him.

After all, I could make our relationship strictly platonic. I smiled as I realized what I was doing. I hadn't spoken a word to him, but here I was planning our future together-though I'd make sure that it was a very platonic future. For all I knew, the new boy was a complete asshole who took advantage of women and boasted about it to his buddies. As I looked at him, though, I couldn't imagine him as anything other then sweet.

"Leah?"

I hesitated a moment before taking my eyes off of the boy and meeting Josh's disapproving eyes. I tried to ignore the fact that I hadn't been able to pay any attention to Mr. Edwards's lecture and hadn't even heard the bell dismiss us.

"Yes, Josh?" I said sweetly as I watched the boy put all of his papers in his backpack.

"Look at me" I was taken aback when Josh guided my chin upward so that our eyes met.

"I am"

Josh didn't release my chin, but did begin to rub it with his thumb. I moved away from him and frowned. His eyes darkened, but he didn't try to touch me again.

"I know our relationship has been very rocky lately, but I'm willing to fight for us..."

I opened my mouth in disbelief and quickly interrupted. "What relationship? I broke up with you, remember?"

Josh shook his head wearily, as if trying to shake a bad dream. "We have something special, and if you will just try-"

"Josh, we did try... for three months we tried but it didn't work"

Josh's face became red. "You drooled over Cale the entire period, and I had to watch you. Why is it that you aren't willing to fight for us, but don't see anything wrong in mentally fucking the new kid?"

Cale? Was that his name? I couldn't help glancing back in his direction, and immediately felt my face grow warm. He was staring at me, not even pretending to busy himself with his books. We were the only ones still in the room, and it didn't help that his energy was blazing like a bonfire.

"Leah?"

I tore my eyes off of him and glared at Josh. "Listen, we're over. There is absolutely nothing else you can say to change my mind, so just give it up already."

I was almost out of the room when Mr. Edwards stopped me and reminded me about our "talk".

Josh stormed out of the room, energy flying about chaotically. Cale mutely followed, giving me one last look before disappearing in the crowded hallway.

"Miss Adams, I am very disappointed in your inability to come to school on time. I think that five weeks of detention will-"

But I never found out what five weeks of detention would do because I once again filled my entire body with energy. With one savage glare, I spat out "Screw it, you can't tell me what to do. I hope you enjoy your miserable life, you miserable bastard." Without even a second look, I released him and stalked off into the hallway, all the while muttering about Josh and idiotic teachers.