Trust Issues (Chapter 29)

Jerome POV:

"Hi Pookie." Mookie grinned as she wrapped her arms around my torso and squeezed me. I'd just come in from making drops all morning and I was tired as hell.

"Hey Noonie." I replied simply as my arms briefly wrapped around her before I placed a kiss on her forehead.

"You ready to go?" She asked me.

"Baby not now, I'm tired." I sighed as I kicked my shoes off and fell on the bed without even bothering to get undressed. School, hustling, work, and practice had been kicking my ass. Having two classes a day and keeping up with homework, getting my ass kicked at practice up to three times a day, being a father, making drops, and going to this bullshit ass job Mookie made me get has me running on fumes.

I was glad that we won yesterday's game so we didn't have to practice today and I was off from work. I had already paid people to do my school work for the weekend and I made sure to take care of all of my obligations to Man this morning. I was about to sleep the damn day away with no interruptions.

"Oh okay." I heard Mookie mumble. My eyes were closed but I could still hear the sadness and disappointment in her voice. I took in a deep breath before sitting up and looking at her. She had a face I just couldn't say no to.

I forgot that I had planned to take her out and spend the day with her. She was all dressed up and ready to go with her hair and makeup done. I had intentions on spending time with her because we hadn't been able to have any quality time lately, but it slipped my mind and I was tired as hell.

It's been a few weeks since we've officially been back together and things have been good between us. We haven't been arguing and I've been trying to show Mookie how serious I am about her. Clearly it's working because she can't stay away from me.

"I'll be ready in twenty minutes, just let me go shower and we can go." I told her as I lifted myself off of the bed.

"No Pookie, I know you're tired. We can just go another time." She said grabbing my arm and looking up at me.

"I'm not that tired." I lied.

"Yes you are Jerome, we don't have to go ton-"

"What I say?" I asked slightly raising my voice and cutting her off. I chuckled once I saw her bite her bottom lip and her eyes gloss with lust in them. "Pick me out something to wear." I told her before kissing her lips.

I took a shower, brushed my teeth, and applied deodorant before walking across the hallway into my bedroom. Mookie's indecisive ass was still going through all of my shit trying to find an outfit. I dropped my towel and stepped into a pair of boxers before putting on lotion.

"So when is Aaliyah coming home?" Mookie asked me. Lately Aireka has been hitting me up about seeing Aaliyah and spending time with her. At first I brushed it off but I talked to Mookie and my mom about it and they made me look at the situation from a different point of view. Aireka was Aaliyah's biological mother and I didn't want to keep them away from each other if Aireka was serious about forming an actual relationship with Aaliyah. But if Aireka fucked my Princess over, I had no problem with whooping her ass.

"I told her to call me when she was ready." I replied. I'd gotten Aaliyah her own cellphone so I could have access to her at all times and she could call me whenever she needed me.