what lies beyond ch-16

''I need pabulum. I've grown weak here.'' Marco rounded the corner and didn't stop to say anything to Loki. ''I put that bag on your dresser alright?'' He called and waved on his way out. ''He's fond of you,That man.'' Loki muttered after the front door had been closed and locked. ''Of course he is, he's my friend.''

I got up off my butt and walked to the kitchen to set up the trays.

''Are those pancakes thank god!'' A hay stack-haired Siti ran down the hallway and snatched the tray from under my hands as I set it down. She sat at our table and began chomping away, ''If you can hear me over your chomping?'' I called teasingly, ''I'm going to shower,then I'm taking you home.'' I turned on my heel and put the remaining two trays in the microwave for later.

Siti looked tired after my shower. ''Are you going to be okay with him?'' She asked as I drove her home. I nodded and pursed my lips. ''I'm a big girl. I can handle him.'' I reassured mainly myself. I wasn't sure If I wanted to go back to my apartment. Could I handle myself emotionally? I was about to find out for myself.~

Loki had finished by the time i'd gotten back. The black on gold ensemble, the one of many Marco bought, look riveting on him. I blinked and checked the time. 8:30, I could sleep for another 9 hours. ''How is you mother?'' He asked out of the blue. ''is she well?'' I nodded. ''I didn't see her when I dropped my cousin off but yeah, she's pretty good.'' I answered. I smiled warmly. ''Now excuse me, I'm going to go back to sleep for another nine hours or so.'' He caught me by the arm, something that made me jump back and gasp in shock. ''You'd really leave me here by myself?'' he asked coyly,seductively.

We locked eyes, Stunning Jade on Beautiful Emerald. ''No?'' I answered quietly. he smiled at me then, and for the fist time since I was on Asgard, It was the first time he'd ever smiled like this: It was genuine and sincere. A smile that reached my heart and made it jump start.

''What I said last night is quite true my love.'' He muttered as he cornered me in between the bar and himself. My heart thrummed against my rib cage as our lips almost touched.

''I'd better not.'' He snapped teasingly as he pretended to pull his face away. ''Aorabelle Beauvoir, You are the first woman,Mortal woman, That has rendered me speechless caused my heart to beat uncontrollably in my weak Jotun chest, and blush like a mad man.'' I reached up to touch his cheek affectionately. ''I love you,Loki Laufeyson.'' I whispered while standing on my tip-toes to touch my nose to his causing him to chuckle.

\I felt the wind being knocked out from under me as I was suddenly being carried to my room. ''We are not on Asgard, This is not my bedchamber but it will do.'' I blushed a beet red and he leaned down to kiss me softly,lovingly on the lips. ''These threads are lovely my dear but please,'' He murmured against my lips as I felt the zipper on my jacket being pulled. ''I don't think you'll need them.''