Chapter 20

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 20

~Lexis P.O.V.~
~November 16th~

Within no time we pulled up to my house; I hated the fact I had to use crutches to get around for the first 2 weeks. I felt perfectly fine and capable to walk on my own. It was Nelle who was forcing me to use them.

"You can wait like 2 seconds while I get your crutches." She said before I even had the chance to try to convince her to let just walk in without the crutches.

"I could be in the house by now." I said back under my tongue.

"Don't be getting an attitude with me." She snapped back with the slightest hint of venom in her voice.

She came to my side and opened my door before handing me my right crutch first and helped me move my right leg out of the car first. I didn't realize how raised her car was up till this point. As much as I hate to say it; I was thankful for the crutches support.

We got in the house and she helped me up the stairs. I wanted to take a shower, so I asked Nelle if she could start the shower and place some clothes on the counter for me.

I got in the shower and let me tell you how nice it felt to be in my own home. I was still in a little bit of pain but I just shrugged it off. I changed into the clothes she put on the counter and walked over to the bed. She was wearin' the exact same thing as me.

"Why are you copyin' my swag?" I smirked as I laid by her side on the bed.

"I'm not copying shit. I thought it would be cute if we were twins." She said in that cute voice of hers.

"Come over here." I said as I opened my arms. She scooted over into my arms and gave me a much needed hug.

"Thank you for stayin' with me." I said as I kissed the top of her head.

"You're welcome Lexis." She kissed my cheek and snuggled closer into me.

We ended up falling asleep like that.

~The Next Morning~
~November 17~

I woke up to find a bed with no Nelle in it. However I did find a tray of food and a lil' note.

'Lexxxis,
Enjoy your breakfast, I quickly went to my house to get a few things but I'll be back in a few!
-Nelle

I dug right into my breakfast. I tried to roll over to get to my phone but a sharp pain raced through my body. The pain medication must have wore off by now. The medication was downstairs and there was no way I could get down the stairs. I decided to sit there and wait till she got back.

~Chanelle P.O.V.~

"Say you got friends shawty you can bring 'em too, when I put this D on you what you gonna do? Yeah, She got a diva attitude, fell in love with me when she saw my tattoo. And I ain't even like these other niggas girl cause they lame these niggas ain't ballin' baby set me in the game. Got so drunk shit I forgot her name, whip in the Bugatti while she givin me brain!"

I yelled as I singing along to Bow Wow in the car as I drove home. That was my favorite verse so I was enjoying the drive. I pulled up to my drive way to see the boy's chillin on the porch.

"Sing any louder why don't you." Jay said with a small laugh as he pulled out his left earbud.

"You guys could hear me singing in the car?"

"The entire block could hear your loud ass." BV said after he took a sip of his beer. I made a disturbed face when I saw him take another sip. Beer was just all kinds of disgusting to me. I prefer sweet n' salty opposed to sour n' bitter.

"I must be that loud huh?"

"No shit." They said at the same time.

I laughed at their statement then quickly headed inside and ran upstairs to my room. I got some clothes and other stuff I needed while I was going to be at Lexis' house. I was running around my room throwing everything and anything into my bag.

"Where you going?" Jay asked as he was leaning against my door frame.

"Lexis got shot, so he needs someone at his house to help him and that someone so happens to be me." I said with a smile before I returned back to getting my things.

"Alright, aye Mom said she might be coming home next week. She also said she talked to Dad."

"Ew, really?" I never knew, met, or liked my Father. He didn't care for Jay and I and he left the week before Jay's 3rd birthday.

"Yeah, they're going to go out and talk about stuff I guess? Well that's if Mom comes back." He said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Ohhh, well I don't want anything to do with him." I was finished putting stuff in my bags. "Can you give me a hand?" I asked Jay.

"Yeah." He grabbed a few of my bags and headed downstairs. I doubled checked to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything. When I felt reassured I had everything; I grabbed the remaining bags and headed out of my room to put them in my car.

"I'll see you in a few days." I said as I closed my trunk and hopped up front.

"Peace." Jay said as he waved and sat back on the porch next to BV.

"Yeah, take special care of Lexis!" BV yelled with that loud laugh of his. I flipped him off and pulled out of the drive way.

I noticed I was low on gas. I knew I needed to get back to Lexis but I needed to get gas too. There was a gas station right up the block so I drive down the block and pulled up. I hopped out of the car and grabbed the nozzle thing and put it in my car. While I was standing there waiting, I decided to call Lexis to make sure he was okay.

No Answer.

Must be asleep. My gas tank was full. As I was pulling out the nozzle thing out of my car I felt a bunch of hands pull me from behind and a rope was put around my mouth. I couldn't scream or do anything. Something black was put over my head and next thing I knew I felt a sharp pain to my head and I blacked out.