Simply Irresistible

Disclaimer: Glee belongs to Ryan Murphy and Fox, not me.

Blaine had a mental list a mile long of things he loved about his boyfriend. Included on this list were things like

22: has a voice that can make angels weep

183: that shy look under his lashes that makes my knees buckle

And of course, the all-important one,

103: that adorable dimple in his right cheek

But of all the things that Blaine adored about Kurt, there was one particular addendum to the list that sometimes he loved, and sometimes he didn't.

3: is a stubborn as a freaking mule

Blaine had to learn (and fast) that when Kurt set his mind to something, it was going to happen or else. Personally, Blaine had never been on the receiving end of the "or else" part, but Kurt's brother had warned him plenty of times that it was most certainly not pretty.

So when Blaine accidentally let it slip during a study session at Kurt's house that he didn't know how to bake anything, he shouldn't have been surprised when Kurt gave a strangled squeak of surprise, bopped him on the kneecap, and ordered him to get upstairs to the kitchen.

"But we need to study," Blaine reminded him, locking his arms around Kurt's waist. The two of them were curled up on Kurt's bed, Blaine with his back to the wall and Kurt sitting between his legs, a science textbook propped up on his thighs. "Our test is tomorrow. I thought we left Dalton so we could have some peace and quiet, not make more distractions."

"Cake helps me think," Kurt said, trying to wriggle away from Blaine's grasp. "I can't believe you don't know how to bake. I have to teach you how."

"Kurt, if the occasion ever arises that I need to bake something- which, I might add, will probably never happen- I'm sure I can follow the directions on a cake mix box," Blaine said. "I'm sure a Dalton-educated boy such as myself can handle it."

"A cake mix?" Kurt said, jaw dropping in horror. "That's not real cake. That's…that's sacrilege." He squirmed in Blaine's arms, the science textbook flopping over he side of the bed in a flurry of pages. "Let me go! We're going to go bake!"

Blaine laughed. "You're not going to just let this go, are you?' he teased.

"No," Kurt said flatly.

"Then we can bake on two conditions," Blaine said.

Kurt scowled. "Fine. What are they?"

"Number one," Blaine said, raising a finger. "We study while the cake's in the oven."

"Fair enough. And the other?"

Blaine raised another finger. "I won't let you go until you kiss me."

Kurt flushed a little. "I suppose I can do that," he said.

Blaine grinned and pulled him in tighter to kiss him. For a brief moment Kurt snuggled into his chest, lips pressed to his, but the moment they broke apart he scrambled off the bed. "Go upstairs and preheat the oven to 350," he said, tugging on his Dalton tie. "I'm going to change before I start baking."

"Don't tell me," Blaine said. "You have an outfit reserved just for baking?"

His answer was Kurt wadding up his uniform shirt and chucking it in Blaine's face. "Don't make me throw the pants, too," he threatened as he disappeared into the bathroom.

"I wouldn't mind if you threw the pants," Blaine offered through the closed door. He heard Kurt laugh, but no answer, so he headed upstairs to do Kurt's bidding.