[pt.3] The Inappropriate Deed

Part 3

[Mikael]

Actually, I intended to let her go if Lunalea pushed me away or showed any form of struggle. But she didn’t. For a split second I wondered why she didn’t, but then all I could think of was her lips; her sweet and soft lips. I tried so hard not to take her innocence right there and right then. God! Why did You create such an irresistible creature!

I wanted to savour the taste of Lunalea’s lips as long as I could, but I knew if I kissed her any longer, I would definitely lose control. So I retreated, though my whole body screaming NO. I could tell when I looked into her eyes that she was confused by my action, but I was confused too. And I didn’t know what to say to her; I ended up saying a stupid thing like “You’re the cure..”, what kind of line was that! But then again, she blushed upon hearing this, how adorable. I felt the urge to kiss her again, but no, no, no..not now, at least. I better go now before I did anything more stupid.

I walked briskly away from the infirmary. My blood was still rushing into my head, making it hot and I couldn’t think straight. I was kinda frustated, and in frustation I went to the training ground. I took off my upper clothes and picked up a sword from the weapon rack. I began practising my moves. My back hurted like hell and I could feel the wound ripped open because of my moves, I could feel the blood trickling down. I ignored it. The pain helped me clear my mind.

I practiced for a few hours, then I went back to my chamber. I didn’t bother to put back my upper clothes, and simply dropped them on the floor as soon as I was in my room. I drank the remaining tonic Lunalea gave me before I hit my bed, facing downward—because I didn’t want to stain the bed with the blood on my back. I quickly drifted off to sleep. I had a dreamless sleep and I woke up just before dawn. The blood on my back had dried and it felt so sticky, unfomcortable. At once I decided to see her..

My open wound became a justification for me to see Lunalea. Deep inside I was a little worried, which was so not like me. What would she think if she saw it? I had wasted her work, I disobeyed her instruction. Now she had to clean the bloody mess I made.

The guards to the Raphael’s palace allowed me to get through, they even bowed before me. Perhaps they thought I was going to see Raphael. I frankly didn’t know where Lunalea’s chamber was, so I looked around for a passing maid and asked for direction. The maid, a relatively young girl, who woke up early to do some morning chores, stuttered when she told me what I wanted to know. She looked afraid of me, but that’s normal, I was used to it. I knew most of the time I could be so intimidating. The maid scurried away after giving away the information. It was then that I realized I was bare-chest. I grunted, no wonder the maid could hardly keep her eyes off of my torso. Whatever.

I was in front of the door to Lunalea’s chamber now. It’s too late to go back. It’s not that I wanted to cancel my plan anyway. I raised my knuckle and knocked firmly three times. I waited a few moments before the door was opened. I couldn’t help it; I was astonished to see her appearance.

Naturally, Lunalea looked startled to see me coming so early. But then what I didn’t expect was her next reaction: she giggled nervously. “What’s so funny?” I asked her, my mouth twitched trying to hold back a smile.

“Oh..forgive me, My Lord..” she said merrily, “It’s just that..I’m wondering if I was still dreaming, or if you walked out of my dream..”

I raised an eyebrow. She dreamt about me? It made me curious..

Lunalea’s eyes widened when she realized what she had said. her hand flew over to her mouth. She gasped. “Oh no..that’s just..that’s inappropriate! Please forgive me, My Lord..” she plead.

I smiled warmly and leaned on the door frame. “Will you ever invite me to come in?” I asked her.

“Oh..I would like to, but My Lord, that would be—“

“Inappropriate?” I continued her line. She nodded weakly. “This is emergency. My back is bleeding.” I made myself sounded grave.

“Oh!” Lunalea exclaimed, looking horrified. “If that’s the case, then I guess it’s alright…” she opened to door wide for me.

“thank you” I said, stepping in.

She bid me to sit on the edge of the bed, because she had no chair in her chamber. I did so, and watched her as she took some equipments from a cupboard. She then sat behind me and hissed in disapproval when she saw my wound. Carefully she clean it for the second time. My skin grew warm in places she touched. I told myself to remain calm and logical. But it’s difficult! With her body clad only in a thin layer of fabric they called a night gown. Lunalea didn’t asked me why the wound ripped open again. Perhaps she saw it coming; perhaps she already guessed that I would eventually disobey her instruction.

Lunalea ran her finger across the cut, healing it with her power. I felt a tickling sensation when the wound sealed itself. When she had done with her task, she handed me a flask, asked me to drink it all in order to boost up the healing process. I thought to myself, ‘hey, why didn’t she give me this the last time?’ while drinking the cool liquid in the flask. I suddenly felt light-headed. My energy seemed to be seeping out, my vision blurred. I saw Lunalea stood in front of me and gently pushed me to lay down. I was feeling too weak to move any muscle in my body. I tried to speak but my mouth wouldn’t open. Ah..the sheet felt cool and soft against my aching back. The last thing I remembered was Lunalea whispering “forgive me, My Lord..” softly in my ear before I passed out.

<sorry this part is a short one, I’m kinda having difficulty while writing it..I kept thinking that I’m missing smthn, but I dunno what..aaargh. Anyway, what do you think will happen to Lord Mikael next? tehehe.. tell me if you have anything in mind about this story..and lotsa thanks for reading..!!>