Chapter 36: The Final Surprise, Part 1

Alright people, i have finally completed this chapter and am posting it in hopes you will continue to enjoy this novel and Iain and Sarah's story.

It has taken ages but i think by now all of you know why i haven't been active for so long. The first year as a doctor doesnt give one much time for hobbies, and that is just the truth. So hopefully you guys can forgive my tardiness. i just had two days off because i was sick and i used both of them to write this chapter, i hope that tells you guys how serious i am about this novel.

Also i will request you guys not to post entreaties about updates on my novel itself, you can PM me or use my profile page, but NOT my novel. It is getting beyond insulting now, please comment on what you read, about the story, tell me what you think, but please don't just start a comment as a one liner about the next chapter.

If you like the chapter then tell me what you liked, if you don't then tell me what you didn't.

I am writing this novel for you guys, and i always take constructive criticism to heart, what i don't respond well to are demands for updates. some of which in recent times have gotten a bit rude. So please try to understand my predicament and support me in this difficult time in my life, i am not a professional writer and i write to get away from pressure not subject my self to more of it.

I respect each and every one of you, so please show me a modicum of respect in return, Thankyou.

As always I await your feedback with bated breath.

CHAPTER 36

The Final Surprise, Part 1:

All the tension drained out of her body as Sarah surveyed the crowd of happy revelers around her. Their applause, their joy and more importantly their easy acceptance of her touched a nerve.

For the first time in her life Sarah felt like she was home. These people, many of them complete strangers to her before tonight, for some reason, in that moment, felt more like a large happy family, her family. Funny but it had taken this one moment to underline just how hard it had been as an only child all her life. Somehow this far more simpler time seemed much richer compared to the vagaries of the modern world where she had always stood all alone.

Sarah finally understood what being part of a clan meant. she finally got what it felt like to have a group of people stand behind you and root for your success, to revel in it along with you. And even though it was such a little thing, just some people applauding after a not so convincing telling of a childhood fairytale, the fact that they all pretended she was a hit meant so much. Sarah could feel the genuine emotion behind their happy faces.

The McLaughlin's, people from a different way of life, a different culture, not to mention a different time had tonight taught her something so much more important than all those so called life lessons she had learned back in the frenetic rat race of the twenty first century.

They had shown her the importance of family, of friendship and sincere warmth, and she was profoundly grateful. 

Sarah had to fight back emotional tears as she made to leave the centre of attention.

She made one final bow and proceeded to walk back over to stand next to a still cheering Hugh, feeling very much like the belle of the ball.

For once Sarah felt like she could do no wrong.

And then Sister fate decided to intervene, that vindictive, bitchy, evil psycho just couldn't let her be. And she struck when Sarah was least expecting it, and once again being the total schmuck that she was Sarah quite literally "walked" right into her trap.