Chapter 17

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 17

~Lexis P.O.V.~
~October 15th~

Those words hit me hard.

My knees became weak and my throat was swelled shut. I was frozen solid. Chanelle still hadn't even moved as much an inch. Her lap was soaked with tears that continued to drip off her chin.

I finally managed to walk over to Nelle and rest my head on her shoulder. I didn't expect this to hit me as hard at it did. At first I was scared and nervous for the baby, but after realizing we were actually going to have a bundle of joy in our lives, and after spending time with Nicole, I was more than happy and excited to have a daughter of my own with the girl I love. Arlie walked back in and even he looked distraught.

"Aye man, I'm so sorry about your daughter." He said apologetically.

"It's not your fault." I said as I picked my head up off her shoulder. "Chanelle, lets get out of here." I said as I grabbed her hand and led her out of the room. Arlie followed close behind as we walked down the long hall.

***

I drove us back to my crib and called the rest of the guys over. Arlie sat on the couch and Chanelle followed and sat across from him in her armchair. I ran upstairs to put my phone on the charger and changed into some sweats.

I came back down and pulled Chanelle out of the chair, sat down and pulled her down onto my lap and laid back. She rested her head on my chest and a few tears slipped down her cheek. I gently rubbed her head and kissed her forehead in an attempt to console her.

Within a few moments I heard their cars pull up and they all came in through the door laughing.

"Aye what's hannin' y'all?" Varo said as he set next to Arlie on the couch. He took a look at Arlie then looked over at Nelle.

"Whoa, Nelle been cryin'?" Marcus asked as he took a good look at Nelle too.

"Yeah. We got bad news." I said as I wrapped my arms around Nelle.

"Oh shit, what?" Varo said.

"We lost the baby." Nelle's voice said with a slight tremble.

As if on cue, you could feel the entire mood of the room shifted.

~Chanelle P.O.V.~

I didn't realize how much the guys cared about Lexis and I's baby. It was a shocker but it made me feel like we were our own little family. We had each other's back no matter what. We were there to help pick up the pieces when someone fell apart.

"I'm gonna go home." I said as I stood up. Lexis looked up at me with a look of confusion.

"I'll take you home, I need to get home too." Arlie offered as he stood up too. I gave everyone a hug and gave Lexis a kiss. Arlie dapped everyone and we got in his car. The ride home was quiet but not an awkward silence.

"Thanks for the ride, Arlie." I said as I gave him a small warm smile.

"Not a problem, but hey I'm terribly sorry for the loss." He said as he reached over and gave me a hug. I loved Arlie the most out of Lexis' friends. He was the person you could talk to about anything and not be judged or criticized

"Can I ask a question?"

"Sure." He said as he looked me directly in my eyes.

"Why were you so sympathetic? It wasn't even your child-"

"Nelle, I love kids. After having Nicole and then finding out my boy was going to have a baby of his own. I was so happy for y'all. Nicole would get a lil' buddy to play with and I would have loved to be an uncle. Family is big to me so when I heard this news, it hurt me too in a way." On the outside he looked tough and a kid that just doesn't give a fuck, but once you get to know him, he is amazing to have in your life.