Chapter 11

• Justin •

After going back into iHop and eating our breakfast, I drove Carter home, giving her another kiss before she got out the Lexus. I managed to make it home without being stopped by any police cars and getting myself in more trouble than I knew I was already in.

As I pulled into my driveway, I let out a loud groan. A black convertible was parked up front. Selena's.

Apparently she'd never left. Had she spent the night? I'd have to face her sooner or later.

I jumped out of the car, sauntering up the driveway and to the front door, unlocking it and slowly stepping inside.

"Justin Drew Bieber." My mother's standing there, her arms crossed and a deadly look on her face.

My eye twitches. "Uh, g-goodmorning, Mom."

"What the hell were you thinking when you took my car and spent the night who-knows-where?!" She fusses. "I was worried sick! After your grandfather..." She pauses and heaves a sigh. "Luckily, Selena was nice enough to stay with me. Where the hell was my son when someone who means a lot to us..." Her voice fades.

"Mom," I run a nervous hand through my hair. "I'm sorry, ok? I guess the news was kinda hard on me and seeing Selena just doubled that. I spent the night at Carter's. There's nothing to worry about."

Mom frowns. "Who the heck is Carter?"

I bite my lip, remembering my mother knew nothing of Carter. "She's a, uh, girl. I've been spending a lot of time with her lately. We're kinda, uh, well, she's my, uh, girlfriend."

My mother's eyes widened. "You spent the night with a girl?!"

"What?" I shake my head. "No! Well, yes. No! Nothing happened! Ugh!"

My mother raises an eyebrow. "I'm not even going bother asking or arguing any further. I'm just going to skip to the part where I ground you."

I gape. "No! Mom, please! I'm sorry! I won't do it again-"

"Dont argue, Justin. That's final. You're grounded for three days. I'd say weeks, but you have you have to go to New York anyways." She tells me sternly. "No going out. No phone. No friends over." She pauses. "And no girlfriends."

I open my mouth to keep aruging but she cuts me off.

"But I will let you talk to Selena. She's upstairs and says she wanted to talk to you."

I let out a loud groan. "Mom! I really don't want to see or talk to Selena."

Mother glares at me. "Go." She points in the direction of upstairs.

I curse beneath my breath and angrily walk past her, stomping upstairs. How was I going to talk to Carter? How was I going to see her?

I pry open the door to my bedroom to find Selena sprawled across my bed, staring af my television.

I purse my lips. "What are you doing here?"

She sits up and gives me a half-smile. "I felt bad for your mom so I spent the night. She was really upset. Sorry about your grandpa."

I grit my teeth. "It's none of your business."

Selena sighs. "Justin, I've been meaning to talk to you. You seem to different ever since we broke up and I wanted to apologize if I hurt you and..." Her eyes begin water. "And I wanted a second chance."

I scoff. "Yeah, it hurt. But it doesn't anymore. Sorry to burst your bubble."

A tear rolls down Selena's cheek and she stands up. "Can you at least forgive me? Please, Justin? I never wanted to hurt you."