ROTG chapter seven: Hope

Scarlett kept running. The thugs behind her were gaining on her. Scarlett didnt see the upcoming cliff. She kept looking behind her. She felt her feet leave the ground, then her whole world went black.

Katt ran, and ran and ran. She had just heard that her best friend had just fallen off a cliff and died. She was running to Lilis house. She hadnt heard from Lili yesterday, so she had thought Lili had ditched her and Scarlett for something else.

'Probobly hanging out with parents cause she probobly thinks her parents are better than her own best friends.' Katt thought.

She wiped the tears off her face.

Lili held the green flower in her hand and played with the soft petals. Her parents were loading the carridge, getting ready to move somewhere. They didnt tell Lili where they were moving to, and they locked Lili in her room with the windows boarded up. She hadnt been able to see Bunny and she had cried herself to sleep last night because of it. She looked around hoping to see Bunny somewhere, anywhere! But she didnt see him anywhere. She sighed, letting silent tears fall doen her hot cheeks. Her throat tightened and she inhaled and exhaled deeply, not wanting to cry in front of everyone.

"Alright, Ill go get the last things." Her dad said, walking into the house.

Bunny hopped around , looking for Lili. He hadnt seen her and she hadnt come to the forest to see him as she usually does, whether her dad beats her or not, so, obviously, he got worried. He hopped toward her house, going as fast as he could. He finally got to her house when he saw her familys carridge being loaded. He whirled his head around and saw Lili, still playing with the rose petles, looking as if she were about to cry. He hopped up to her and whirled her around. He wasnt thinking, he didnt know why he did it, but he just did.

He kissed her, and honestly, he was bloody surprised when she kissed him back.

Katt arived at Lilis house, only to see her kissing the air. Katt sniffed and wiped more tears away, and looked at her with a confused look. She saw that Lilis parents were looking at the strange scene the same way. Something that resembled a large, furry foot started to appear. Katt rubbed her puffy eyes and looked again. Now a whole leg was there! Katt slapped herself in the face, and looked again. Nope. It didnt work. It only made it worse. A whole body was there, feet (very large ones), a body, and a head with...ears?! Okay she must be dreaming, but...something told her that she wasnt. It looked as if Lili were kissing a giant rabbit. A rabbit! Katts best friend, was making out with a rabbit!

"A rabbit...our daughter is kissing a giant rabbit...who wouldve thought..." Katt heard Lilis parents say.

They stopped kissing and Lili leaned back down, off her tippie toes. Yeah, he was that tall.

Bunny looked down at the flower.

"You still have it..."

Lili smiled. "Of course I do ya drongo."

They laughed.

"Okay! Someone tell me whats goin on here!" Katt yelled.

Lili whipped her head around in Katts direction, looking startled.

"Oh well- Lili started.

"Oh no! Dont start with the 'oh well' crap! What where you doing that was so important, that you couldnt come over to Scarlett and I?! Maybe if you had hung out with us, than , maybe you could have helped prevent Scarletts death-

"I never knew you had wanted to hang out with me!"

"But Scarlett and I told your mom and she said she would tell you when you got back from wherever you were with your brother-

"I wasnt with my brother! I was up in my room being taken care of, because my dad had beaten me so many times I needed help treating the wounds, and Bunny here had offered for me to stay in his Warren for the night, so I wouldnt get hurt again! My mother never told me you and scarlett had wanted to hang out with me, because I was with Bunny treating my wounds!" Lili yelled back.

Everything wad silent.

"Lil, Im...im so sorry. I didnt know and it wasnt right of me to snap at you like that...I guess I wad just so mad about Scarletts sudden death, I just..."

Katt broke off.

"Its alright, I shouldnt have snapped at you either-

"But you had every right to-

Lili silenced Katt by raising her hand. "What happened to Scarlett." She said calmly.

"She-she was chased by some thugs and she fell off a cliff..." Katt replied, on the verge of tears.

Lilis throat tightened again, and more tears fell. Bunny put a comforting arm around Lilis shoulder.

"So-so Im guessing this is the easter Bunny?" Katt asked, gesturing towards Bunnymund.

"Yeah..." Lili replied.

All was silent, then suddenly Lili and Katt raced towards eachother, arms outstratched, and hugged, crying into one anothers shoulder. Everyone watched as heart wrenching sobs came out of the girls mouths.

Bunny was silently crying and so wad Brayden. Even thought Brayden didnt understand why they were so sad, it broke his little heart to see his big sister cry this way...I mean...he had never seen her cry before...

The girls stopped crying and just hugged each other for a while.

"Well...I guess we should et going then..." Lilis father said, breaking the silence.

Everyone turned to him, with hate plastered onto their faces, even his own wife.

"What?" He asked everyone.

"Stay away, and never come back." Lilis mom said to him.

"But-

"I am sick, and tired of just standig around, watching you beat out daughter in unconsciousness! Now just take the carridge and leave." She finished.

Lilis dad just huffed and got into the carridge , throwing some of the stuff he didnt need, off.

"Fine, but you'll be comin back to me Mary." He said to Lilis mom.

"Go." She replied coldly.

Lilis father huffed again, and rode the carridge away, to some other town, where he would soon find another wife, only to get divorced again and to die alone.