Chapter 51

Chapter 51

I've done enough stupid shit in my life that it brought shame on me. This... this was the dumbest thing I've probably done, surpassing every other idiotic mistake. I didn't understand why I left the closet. I knew I probably should have stayed put. Mark was coming and I knew it was dangerous. But all I could think was that Luke needed to get back. When I heard the front door open and close, who else could it have been? I didn't at all think Mark and I was stunned still that he could just walked right in here. I was so sure it was Luke, so sure there was no danger now that he was back. Because I truely believed without a question that it was Luke. How wrong I was.

I was frozen, even though I knew I should be running. But I was afraid if I did that he would shoot me anyway. For some reason, he didn't pull the trigger. Yet anyway. He just continued to stand there from across the dark room, his figure visible and some of his features from the light illuminating from the windows.

I watched as he slowly took a few steps towards me and I could feel the need to live build up even more within me. Yet, I couldn't do anything with a gun pointed at me like he was doing.

"Do you... know what the fuck you've done to me?"

"Mark..." I said, as if trying to find a way to get out of this. Hell, even just stalling could help! Anything! Luke! Where is Luke?! He wasn't back yet and I could only assume Mark came early. A change in plans and fate turns on its own. My fate. "I don't know why you would be so stupid to kill me," I couldn't help but say. "I didn't pay the unreasonable price of 15,000 dollars. And you're going to kill me?!" I yelled at him. I knew it was common sense to not anger the guy that pointed a gun at me. It was also common sense to not leave the closet though.

He scoffed, coming closer towards me and I unconsciously backed up a bit. "No, I'm going to kill you for telling the police everything. After all I've done for you're crazy ass, after I've watched out for you, after I cared for you... you steal from me. Then, you tell the cops about the drugs in my attic!"

I shook my head. "I didn't--"

"Yes!" he said, his steps growing faster and before I had the chance to dodge him, he was against me, holding me against him so I couldn't move. Then, the worst feeling I ever possessed came over me when the gun he had came in contact with the side of my head. He could pull the trigger and it could all be over, that one movement and he would have blown my brains out.

I felt my breath ridged and I stopped fighting him when I felt him press the gun's barrel against my head. I was tense and frightened beyond what anyone could ever imagine. I was going to die, right here. I was going to lose all the freedom that could have been possible. I was going to lose Luke. I was going to lose myself.

"I know you told, you filthy snitch!" he screamed against my face and I flinched, avoiding his aggressive eyes. "It couldn't have been anyone else because nobody else besides you knew of the drugs in my attic you stupid bitch!"

I understood now. This was my fault. He was right, it nobody else knew and I forgot that fact. Maybe I wasn't that smart at all with all the mistakes that were being revealed right now. I felt him grip my arm and shove me slightly back. In that second, he gripped harder while with his other hand with the gun, he raised it and slapped me across the face with the hard hand gun.

"Ugh," I grunted in the next second and felt myself going back but he held me as still as he could, that gun returning to my head. Sharp pain shot up in my head and I winced as he pushed the barrel of the gun harder against the side of my throbbing head. My sight shifted slightly as my head was spinning, dizzy. I wouldn't let that take me over though. I couldn't. I wouldn't die a coward beaten down. "You prick! Cut this shit and do what you're here to do for christ's sake!" I screamed in his face. "Shoot me, god damn it and be a man for once in your worthless trash life. Because I will not give you the satisfaction of making me beg to live!"