What Would You Do for a Pair of Slippers? Prologue

The hour is noon and all is still, for now.

We shall enter the birthday party of  Alex T. King.

But keep an eye out for anything, well floating.

Alex sat at a table covered in a blue tablecloth, with a cake on it that says Happy 20th Birthday Alex! with a bunch of candles on it. 

The cake was a gorgeous one, witth delicious frosting all over.

Right before Alex tried to blow out his candles and make his wish, he felt a tingle in his brain.

He shrugged it off and continued blowing the candles out and making his wish.

But inside his mind, something dangerous was happening.

Let's rewind to when Alex felt the tingle.

And enter Alex's brain.

Alex, as in the mini Alex inside of Alex's brain, noticed something floating coming in from Alex's ear.

It looked like a mini brain.

"Who are you?"Alex asked slowly.

"I am part of your brain. Now what are you wishing for?"it asked.

"A pair of new slippers."Alex said.

"What a dull wish. How about I give you a pair of slippers and I'll come up with a new creative wish for you."it whispered.

"Alright."said Alex.

"Your wish is my command."it said and it stuck a floating tentacle into a hole on the side of his brain.

And sent a tingle through Alex's brain.

So mini Alex wandered off to go take a walk in his new pair of slippers, so sure he could trust the mini brain cell. And when it comes to slippers, he could. The real life Alex is opening a box of slippers right now.

"You just traded me your free will, and the control of your own mind, your own body. For a pair of slippers.How does it feel?"it whispered, as Alex walked away.