Chapter XXVII

GUYS! i'm sorry I didn't update sooner, the thing is -and I know it's going to sound like I'm a fag but wey hey- I tend to update Sundays and Wednesdays, and this Sunday's my birthday, so I want to update the last chapter on my birthday. I know it sounds stupid, but I don't know, I thought it would make me cry harder :). Remember that there's one more chapter to go! Please, enjoy the update :)

Chapter XXVII: Zayn

As soon as the door closed, I breathed in. Looking at my surroundings, relief washed through me. We were home, finally. Still, I had a funny feeling inside me. A hole in my stomach that didn’t seem to go away, no matter what I did, or what everyone said to me.

“Hey, mate,” Harry called me, hugging me by the shoulders. “We’re going to Funky Buddah tonight to celebrate that we’re here.” He was texting on his phone with a wide smirk on his face, and I knew he was texting Hanna. “I told Hanna already, and she’s coming with some friends, so... maybe you wanna come too?”

This was what it had been like for the past five days. Harry telling me that I had to go out when we got home, and Liam telling him to get off my back, and Louis taking Harry’s position whenever he was busy. Niall just stayed aside, munching crisps.

Truth be told, I had no idea how to feel. Miles had broken up with me, and since that day, I had barely talked or even gone outside. I also had come back to smoking again, which upset the boys, but I just couldn’t help it. It was the only thing that kept me busy and could clear my mind, for at least a couple of minutes.

I was mad. I was disappointed, of course, but most of anything, I couldn’t help the burning fire that crept up my throat whenever I thought about that phone call. “I’m sorry?” Was that all she had to say to me after all we had been through? After all I had fought to have her by my side? I had seen her at her worst, I had been there for her when she needed me, and she couldn’t wait for me five more days?

“It’s not that, Zayn” Liam had told me when I pointed this out to him.

We were on the hotel room, two days after the break-up. As much as I wanted to see her point of view, it was as if a wall had been raised in front of her position and kept me from understanding. Was it so hard for her to believe in our love?

“Then what is it, Liam? Because honestly, I don’t see what could be the reason. I waited for her for fifteen years, and she can’t wait five days?”

“It’s not just five days. We are having a nine-month tour now, remember?” My best argued, making his point. “What were you expecting, Zayn? I know this sucks, and I really wish she was braver, but... I can see that being away from you hurts her.”

“And don’t you think it hurts me as well?!” I snapped, getting up from the bed. “Why did she give up knowing that I care for nothing more than make her happy?! I just... I want her to love me. I want to take care of her.”

Memories flashed through my mind as I remembered the month we spent together. I had seen her laughing, drunk, fainted, crying, beaten... but I had also seen her smiling, kissing me, getting along with my friends, cuddling with me. And I missed all of that. As messy as the last month by her side had been, I wouldn’t want to change a thing, because everything that had happened had brought us together.

And now I was alone.

“I know you love her,” Liam said, after I sat down again. There was no use in yelling at him. “And I also know she loves you, so you just have to give her time. Can you do that? Would you take her if she came back?”