ROTG Chapter Three: Abuse needs to stop

Lili opened the door. She walked in slowly. She saw the stairs leading up to her room.

So close…just a little farther and your home free…’

“Hey! Girl, what are you doing?! You’re soaking wet!”

Lili flinched and turned around.

Her dad backhanded her, and the force pulled Lili to the floor.

Forty minutes later, Lili’s dad left her on the floor, bleeding and broken.

She stood up with great difficulty, and limped up to her room.

She closed the door and sat on her bed. She looked in the mirror: A bloody nose-most likely broken- a bleeding wound on the head, a broken leg, bruises everywhere, and, last but not least, a sad, depressed, broken girl.

She knew she needed help treating these wounds, so she called the only person Lili ever told of her abusing’s to.

E. Aster Bunnymund or, the Easter Bunny.

A hole opened up in front of her and a large rabbit hopped out of the hole.

“Lili? Are you alright? Here.”

Bunny helped her sit up on her bed, her back leaning against the wall.

Bunny had brought his usual supplies: a brace, cloth, bandages, and some chocolate, knowing how much Lili loves chocolate.

Bunny fixed the brace on her broken leg, and Lili fixed her nose back in place with a wince.

“I’m sorry Lil…” Bunny said sadly, letting silent tears fall.

Lili reached out and wiped some of his tears away with her thumb. He looked up, still crying. He gave Lili a sympathetic look and Lili returned it with a sad smile.

“Girl! Get down here now!” Lili’s dad demanded.

Lili whipped her head around to the door and her eyes went wide, letting a tear fall down her cheek.  

“How ‘bout you stay at my Warren for the night/” Bunny offered.

Lili looked back up at him and nodded.

Bunny lifted her up bridal style. He created a hole and jumped into it.