Bad Boy : Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Ray

After chilling at Ty's house , his cousin, Marcus had to drive me home. Then my high started to wear off. I swear , whatever we were smoking was weak as fuck.

"This your house , aint it?" He stopped his car in front of my house which obviously received a paint job. 3 Uhaul trucks were parked in front of it along with some dirty pickup trucks. I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. We were on 233 baker drive. Everything else around looked the same, except for my house.

"Yeah ... Thanks for the ride." I dapped him up and headed inside the house. Old furniture was being moved out into the front yard. The whole inside of the house was being torn down and the floors were being dug up.

"Rayan, why are you home so early ? " I turned around to see a woman . Wait, my mother. She looked clean , new clothes , new hair. She looks so different. Even smells different.

"Answer me Ray." She was getting impatient.

"I got kicked out of school. I have a courtdate next-" I was cut off with a hard slap to the face. My cheek stung. Instead of looking puzzled , she looked angry.

"What the hell did you do now?!" She halfway shouted. The workers around us started glancing at us as they worked. She never cared about things like this.

"I got into a fight ."

"Damnit Ray ! This is your 3rd fight! Your gonna be sent to the alternative schools. They learn nothing there! How do you expect to get and education and be smart, like your father?!" She continued on with her lecture. I wasn't paying attention to any of it. She never bothered to hold a lecture with me. Never. Thats when some guy came in behind my mom, decent looking. Then he kissed her, I was confused and disturbed . Why is he here?

Savvyn

After school , I went home. Thanks to Rayan , we got an 85 for our project grade. Since he wasn't here to present it with me , we lost points. Ugh! Ours was the best too , We would've gotten an A if he was there.

Once inside the house. I had heated myself up a cup of cup noodles. Then I went upstairs to take a shower. After my shower , I changed into my basketball shorts , sports bra, pullover, & my socks. Then I went in my room and started studying while eating my cup noodles. I have a Geometry exam this week and I absolutely HATE Geometry.

After about an hour of studying. I started hearing faint noises from downstairs. I got out of bed and walked into the hallway to see what was up. My dad came home with another woman. I hate it when He brings women here. They always assume that they're going to be my new mother. They'll never take my mothers spot.

God I miss her....

I went back into my room and started studying , only having to get up again. Rayan was knocking at the balcony door. I opened the door and let him inside.

"Hey Savvyn..."

"Rayan, what are you doing here?."

"How was the project?" He changed the subject.

"85."

"Thats a nice grade."

" Not to me.." I sighed .

"For you? Of course it isn't." he scoffed.

"Whats that supposed to mean?"

"You have very high standards Savvyn."

"Im not supposed to ?" Who does he think I am.

"Your standards are too high. When you don't reach them, your so unhappy and you don't cut yourself any slack." He explained calmly. I relaxed my shoulders and took a deep sigh. He isn't lying...

Our conversation lasted a while. He really isn't that bad of a guy. Its just that he does the wrong things, to get what he needs.

Ray

"What do you do for fun?" I asked her.

"Fun?" she looked at me like she never heard the word 'fun' before.

"Wow, you've been in the house too long Sav." I said , standing up from her bed .

"No I haven't."

"Tell me, whens the last time you've actually had fun?" I asked. She shrugged.

"C'mon, lets get out of here. " I said, grabbing her hand.

"I cant Ray , Im not supposed to-"

"You just have to break the rules sometimes Sav. You cant be under the book for the rest of your life. You'll just be unhappy." I look down into her eyes , slowly getting lost in her trance. I shook my head , Im gonna show her how to have a good time tonight.

"Wait not tonight. Im not dressed , and my hair isnt finished." She snatched her hand away from me. I sighed in frustration.

"Okay, but tomorrow night.. Me and you, we're going out. " I said. She nodded and lied down in her bed. Then I started to figure out how to ask her the question. Main reason I came here.

"Savvyn I need to ask you something. "

"Yes?"

"Can I crash here? For a few nights ? My house is being renovated and I dont want to be around my mother at the moment." My mom and her little boyfriend , they make me sick. Shes always taking orders from him. I also have a funky feeling about him too. He's up to something.

"You cant stay at your friends house? Whats his name?.... Terrell?"

"Ty & no, his house is packed ."

"Well, I doubt it Rayan. I cant have guy company staying over." She said. I shook my head in disappointment .

"Please Savvyn , I'll do anything if you let me stay." I pleaded .

".. Fine , but your sleeping on the floor."

"Cool with me."

"You cant smoke in here either." i smacked my teeth.

.